valid license key in user profile? (=> custom user titles)

uiuiz

I am evaluation xenForo for our community. We need a special functionality and I just want to know if this is possible with xenForo.

Our members should be able to add a license key (from our software) to their profile. the license key is not visible for other members, but based on the status for this license key, the member will get a custom user title. Every day, we will validate their key via a cron job and set the custom user title.

Is such a (similar) functionality implemented? If not, any pointer where to start development/customization?

many thanks!
tom

You may be able to use the "Preferences" custom user field and then apply some sort of promotion based on what is entered. Validation however would require custom development.

You may be able to use the "Preferences" custom user field and then apply some sort of promotion based on what is entered. Validation however would require custom development.

So the answer is that is possible? As long as custom development only on OUR side is needed, I see no real problem.

thanks!

So the answer is that is possible? As long as custom development only on OUR side is needed, I see no real problem.

thanks!

It depends what you mean "your side". The custom fields and promotions system is built into XenForo, however cross database validation/integration will require development at both ends. (Though on the XF side if you initialize the XF framework your script could then change the users group correctly as directly altering groups in the database is not recommended)

XenForo is visible source, meaning you can see and modify the core software. However, what you want can be accomplished via add-ons but would require custom development.

Top Bottom