[UW] Smileys Bar [Deleted]

some smilies are duplicated
Duplicated where? Where do you see them twice?
Send me the link to your website so I can check it out there. Because there is no problem with my install nor anyone else reported such a problem. And also a print-screen from the admin smilies page, at least the "Uncategorized smilies" part ( /admin.php?smilies/ )and one print-screen of the edit page of the smiley you think is duplicated ( for example admin.php?smilies/alien.28/edit ).

Last edited:
The standard emojis were duplicated but since I unchecked them, they are not. However, this one smiley still appears even when it shouldn't:

1.webp

It shouldn't be there:

2.webp

You can see a duplicated smiley there also.
We used lots of different sizes and even small gifs for smileys.
There are no uncategorized smilies.

So it was OK till now?

No, it never was. I'm only now asking for help.

So this is just to follow up on @m1ne issues, since they started in this thread. We continued then the conversation in the PM.

There's no search displayed, some smilies are duplicated and others are displayed even when unchecked. What's going on here?
Search bar was not displayed because in the admin, the Setup->Options->Messages under "Show emoji in smilie menu" was unchecked:

1586204248733.png

And the duplicates were because there is a separator in the Smileys Bar, and on the left side of the separetor are recently used smileys. So when you use a smiley from the right side of the separator, you will also see that smiley again on the left side, for a while, like in the image below, this one :) .

1586204503625.png

And in the admin under Content -> Smilies -> Edit smilie: you can sort the order of the smileys in the Smileys Bar.

1586205455508.png

There are no uncategorized smilies.

In the admin Content->Smilies, in XF stock version, there are "Uncategorized smilies" these are the ones that appear in the Smileys Bar, on the right side of the separator. So if anybody has in "Uncategorized smilies" category tons of custom smileys, I recommend to put them in the specific categories in the smileys menu and in Smileys Bar, keep only few smileys. It is easier to find them in the specific categories than scrolling forever in the Smileys Bar, IMHO.

1586207898907.png

At the end, all was sorted out and I think it looks nice in his forum and works as designed. So basically the main concern of his remaining right now is the dimensions of the custom smileys (and spaces between them). To make the custom smileys bigger than the stock smileys are.

I come from vb5 where the stock version had only 10 ugly smileys. When I came here I was like wow, well over 1000 smileys in stock version. How could possibly anyone need more than that? So this add-on was designed for XF stock smileys in mind.

But after the add-on got out, I discovered that many people are using all sorts of custom made smileys even regular images, animated images as smileys. Maybe soon videos will be used as smileys. There were already some adjustments made to accommodate custom smileys, but the next version will be dedicated especially to address the use of custom smileys for the Smileys Bar. I came up with 8 possible suggestions to improve the use of large, animated custom smileys.

Last edited:
First of all, I just wanted to say that we love the Smileys Bar. It makes the smilies much easier to access. Thank you for making it! :)

We have run into one issue and I'm hoping you can help us out. We're using the Swift theme. In both the conversations and the thread view, the smileys bar is pushing the sidebar off the screen in the desktop view. It works correctly in the tablet and mobile view, as these blocks fall under the other content in those views.

Here are some screencaps to show the issue:

Without smileys bar open:

1587314316557.webp

With smileys bar open (right sidebar pushed off the page so you have to scroll to the right to view it) :

1587314387858.webp

Do you have any recommendations how we can correct this issue?

Thanks. This add-on is built for XF default theme. And there I am not able to replicate such a problem. However, I will do my best to check if anything could be done from our side. But I don't have that theme so it's gonna be a bit harder, might take some time.

Thanks. This add-on is built for XF default theme. And there I am not able to replicate such a problem. However, I will do my best to check if anything could be done from our side. But I don't have that theme so it's gonna be a bit harder, might take some time.

Thank you. I realize looking at theme conflicts is above and beyond the call of duty, so I truly appreciate your willingness to look into this. :) I'll check with the theme designer as well and see if they can offer any ideas for a fix. If so, I'll post them back here in hopes it's helpful to anyone else running into this issue.

Thank you. I realize looking at theme conflicts is above and beyond the call of duty, so I truly appreciate your willingness to look into this. :) I'll check with the theme designer as well and see if they can offer any ideas for a fix. If so, I'll post them back here in hopes it's helpful to anyone else running into this issue.
Can you send me a link to that problem because so far I see it working well everywhere on your website:

1587369160304.webp

1587369231886.webp

Can you send me a link to that problem because so far I see it working well everywhere on your website:

Thanks again for looking into this. The issue only happens when both the smileys bar and a sidebar are enabled, so basically in the private conversations and in threads where the editor and smileys bar are open in the page. I sent you a private conversation on my site so you can see the issue in the conversations section.

First of all, I just wanted to say that we love the Smileys Bar. It makes the smilies much easier to access. Thank you for making it! :)

We have run into one issue and I'm hoping you can help us out. We're using the Swift theme. In both the conversations and the thread view, the smileys bar is pushing the sidebar off the screen in the desktop view. It works correctly in the tablet and mobile view, as these blocks fall under the other content in those views.

Here are some screencaps to show the issue:

Without smileys bar open:

View attachment 222943

With smileys bar open (right sidebar pushed off the page so you have to scroll to the right to view it) :

View attachment 222944

Do you have any recommendations how we can correct this issue?
So, this was checked from our side. The temporary solution right now would be to disable some of the smileys from the backend so that that the Smileys Bar size is reduced....

For permanent solution the theme provider should be contacted. It looks like the page's container width, or the theme related settings, are causing this problem.
You can see on our website now I have a sidebar there too, and it is working properly.

Last edited:
@xffutureuser

Small bug, this should have a more specific selector in uw_smileys_bar.less so it doesn't affect unrelated elements :)

Code:
.tabs--standalone
{
     margin-bottom: 0px;
}

xffutureuser updated [UW] Smileys Bar with a new update entry:

UW - Smileys Bar 1.8.0 released

🔹option in the admin to remove the stock categories from the smileys menu

Some forum admins use just their own custom smileys. They don't use at all the stock XF categories. But in order to see their own custom categories, this option (Setup->Options->Messages->Show emoji in smilie menu ) had to be checked:

So from this version it is no more needed to have that option checked. You can uncheck it and you still will...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Smileys Bar 1.9.0 released

This version was dedicated especially to those with large custom smileys.

🔹Added option in the admin to set the size and spacing of the custom smiley images in the smileys menu.

In the admin area, for each category of smileys you can set different dimensions and different spacing between images:

Example. While the stock XF emojis keep their default size and spacing, the animated images above have their size set to 84x84px with spacing...

[UW]-Smileys Bar 2.0.0 released. Introducing JUMBO SMILEYS!

🔹 introducing

❗JUMBO SMILEYS❗
A magnifier button on the right side of the Smileys Bar, when selected (in blue colour), will insert xF stock emojis into the text editor in max size, and that is 64px.

After a page reload, the button will deselect automatically, or press the button again to deselect it.

You can have smaller size, if you want, it is admin configurable:

[ATTACH...​

hi @xffutureuser ... the addon is amazing, great work! :)

i do have a question - would it be possible to add a functionality that would let users upload their own emoji? and even better - let other users use those emotes as well (they could have a "shared" category assigned automatically or something like that)

would be great to have something like that available

hi @xffutureuser ... the addon is amazing, great work! :)
Thanks. Nice to hear that. :) A lot of work went into this one, compare to what it really cost, it's a bargain.

i do have a question - would it be possible to add a functionality that would let users upload their own emoji? and even better - let other users use those emotes as well (they could have a "shared" category assigned automatically or something like that)

would be great to have something like that available
You can write a suggestion in the customer area of the support website, to discuss it further and we'll see. Maybe in the future.

Top Bottom