Using odd sized smileys in 1.2

0ptima

Anyone use smileys that are not the standard size in XF 1.2? If so, how do they "fit" in the smiley dropdown? Please post some screenshots if possible.

deadhorse.gif

Anyone use smileys that are not the standard size in XF 1.2? If so, how do they "fit" in the smiley dropdown? Please post some screenshots if possible.

deadhorse.gif

Whenever you use different shaped smilies within the dropdown your always going to get those alignment, adverse issues. The only way I knew of to counteract this was when the DC smiley manager introduced front end catergories. This allowed you to organize those oddly size smilies into a misc category which was a nice solution. But as it stands, the display will seem odd with different sized smilies which is a guarantee.

Whenever you use different shaped smilies within the dropdown your always going to get those alignment, adverse issues. The only way I knew of to counteract this was when the DC smiley manager introduced front end catergories. This allowed you to organize those oddly size smilies into a misc category which was a nice solution. But as it stands, the display will seem odd with different sized smilies which is a guarantee.

It would help some if you could assign a "priority" to the smilies display. That would allow you to group all small static into one priority, animated into another and so on. Would perform basically the same function but just not have the ability to show the different groups. DC Smiley Manager is one of the things I miss from 1.1.5 since I do have animated smilies for use.

I also have a few like this one. Im going to have to find replacements for them.

Ifireworks.gif

Yeah, that is pretty huge. What you could do to minimize the issues that could occur is have the larger images display towards the end. But even then there is no guarantee the larger images will start and break on a new line which is what you would want.

test.webp

test2.webp

Added the smilie on 4th line to show approx area of next line. Expanded the box on the first one to 400px, shrunk window to show when smilies are on same line as it.

In second image, set at 350px normal browser width.

Top Bottom