Using 2 computers as if they were one?

=MGN=RedEagle

I've been looking into a way to use 2 computers (in the same building) as if they were one and here is what I have found out so far:

1 - KVM cables get bulky and expensive over long distances.
2 - RemoteDesktop stuff is not great for real time video playback/editing
3 - Moving a drive (with your programs & windows) between PC's causes stuff to have licensing issues (Adobe CC, Corel, Windows itself)

There has got to be a way to be productive in 2 spaces without moving your desktop.

Anyone looking into this?

I am trying the following:

2 PCs in two different places. Both have a copy of windows and all programs. All work is saved on a network location attached to PC (A). Would real-time video editing on PC (B) be possible if the data is stored in PC (A)?

Use TeamViewer to access one from the other one.

He already said no to remote desktop solutions.

I for example have my phpstorm projects save to my google drive. Video projects might be a little demanding on bandwidth but if your source files aren't changing then it wont be impossible. A NAS solution would perform better. You ask can you access the files on a network drive instead? Yes.

You will have better performance if you use a solution to sync the files to both machines at all times.

Last edited:
I am still looking for a solution to this. What would happen if one swapped 1 hard drive between 2 pc's? One SSD with Windows 10 and moved it between devices.

I am still looking for a solution to this. What would happen if one swapped 1 hard drive between 2 pc's? One SSD with Windows 10 and moved it between devices.
If they are identical hardware, probably not that much.. but Windows detects when it has new hardware installed and if it's more than certain items it used to require that you revalidate the install with Microsoft.

Top Bottom