Cannot reproduce Users on iOS 13 can’t login

leebo

Affected version
The same error that’s occurred in this thread also is showing up on the login drop down meaning users on iOS 13.1 can’t login on some forums. I personally have only been able to produce this error on UI.X forums (as that’s all I’ve got access to) however @Ian Hitt from Themehouse was also able to produce the error on a default version of XenForo.

What’s odd however is like the other errors I’ve learned that if you keep pressing the field eventually the drop down box DOES work as shown in this video.

I also do plan reporting this error to Apple via the Developer Beta “Feedback” App and will update here if I hear anything back.

View attachment trim.22BD360E-B8FC-4E8D-B4FC-6B25381447B5.MOV

Cannot reproduce an issue with this on login in the default XenForo style so certainly would need more details, or it is likely something style specific.

I’ll repeat what I said elsewhere but frankly if a single OS update suddenly breaks fundamental web functionality such as focusing a text field, there’s really only likely to be one culprit which is whatever changed in the OS update so we’re likely very limited in what we can do.

View attachment FullSizeRender.mov

You surely don't need someone else to tell you whether it works on the XF default style, or not.

Please try it on this site by logging out and trying it, and please try it on your own site by creating a new style with no parent and testing it on the default style on your own site.

If there is some variance to what I have seen already, then it may help narrow it down somewhat.

@Chris D I don't specifically have this issue with the login fields, but I do have the same issue described repeatedly on xenforo.com with the search. The input doesn't seem to correctly get focus for some reason. On Ui.X we can sometimes reproduce the issue with the login dropdown, but I haven't reproduced that with the default style for login yet. The search issue presents to the user the same way though, so my guess is there's a common cause. This is on iOS 13.1 on an iPhone 11 Pro Max in Safari on xenforo.com.
View attachment RPReplay_Final1569612289.mp4

Attachments

I'm having this problem using the UI.X 2 theme with the newest XF 2.1.4 release. My forum members can't login under iOS which is a serious problem. Can XenForo provide a fix for this?

Ultimately the issue is probably coming from the same thing causing the search issue in XenForo's default style, but you can change your login style in
Appearance -> Styles -> Style properties ->Header and navigation using the Login trigger style property to get around this until that issue has been resolved either through a XenForo or iOS update

And that’s why I love the support from Themehouse!

Switched to “Modal” and all now works fine using UI.X. Thank you greatly Jake!

Top Bottom