XF 1.5 Users confused by 'conversations' but could be resolved with one change

sross

I can't find a mod for this. Example of the scenario:

User A starts a private conversation with User B

User B wants to add User C to the conversation but has no idea how

User B should ask User A to add User C to conversation but they don't understand this is an option

Ideally: User B sees a link in the conversation to "Request Invite". When User B click this an overlay appears:

they can now request:

"Ask User A to add User C to this conversation"

User A gets an alert "User B wants to Add User C to the conversation, do you accept?"

User A clicks Accept.

User C in now part of the conversation.

sross

So, if user A starts a private chat with User B, User B sees "Invite More" link on their chat? I thought only User A sees "Invite More" link. I will try some tests

sross

Ok, in my test, User B sees no options to add anyone to private chat, no option to request user A (originator of chat) to add a user to the chat.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
There is a permission related to it - Always invite participants to conversations.

Or conversation starters just need to check Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others.

sross

This isn't the same. Sometimes conversation starter does not want to intitially invite 'everyone', it is only when in conversation, user B decides we need user C involved. Now User B has to manually ask user A to add user C to the private chat.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
You will need custom development if the permission and checkbox don't provide the functionality you want.