1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Users cannot make forum conversation.

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by andrewkm, Apr 12, 2015.

1. andrewkm

andrewkm Active Member

They are reporting following error:

The following error occurred:
    Non-recipients cannot reply to a conversation.
    XenForo_DataWriter_ConversationMessage->_preSave() in ConvEss/DataWriter/ConversationMessage.php at line 29
    ConvEss_DataWriter_ConversationMessage->_preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1446
    XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in ConvEss/Model/Conversation.php at line 1352
    ConvEss_Model_Conversation->sendAutoResponse() in ConvEss/DataWriter/ConversationMaster.php at line 76
    ConvEss_DataWriter_ConversationMaster->_postSave() in Tapatalk/Push/Conversation.php at line 11
    Tapatalk_Push_Conversation->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1409
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php at line 625
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionInsert() in ConvEss/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php at line 969
    ConvEss_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionInsert() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13
  2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I see Tapatalk is mentioned in the errors. Probably a Tapatalk issue, there have been plenty of them in recent days if you read the latest posts in this thread:

I'm also guessing that you're using the Conversation Essentials add-on too so there is the possibility it's a problem with that or a conflict between that and Tapatalk.

Disable theTapatalk add-on and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, post on the Tapatalk forums about yet another problem with their add-on. If not, then try disabling Conversation Essentials and post in the discussion thread for that add-on if that's the problem.
  3. andrewkm

andrewkm Active Member

Thanks, look to be convess. I've made a ticket with them.