Resource icon

Username auto-complete using XFES [Paid] 1.5.0

No permission to buy ($20.00)

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Username auto-complete using XFES - Username auto-complete powered by elasticsearch

• Replace the stock MySQL-powered username autocomplete with Elasticsearch powered version.
    • Supports partial matching, non-prefix search.
    • Autocomplete is tuned for usernames over text phrases compared to ElasticSearch Essential's autocomplete support
    • Better performance than stock when a large number of users exist
  • Surfaces additional options to control autocomplete
    • Tuning of how "fuzzy" the search is
    • To skip inactive users, and the threshold to...

Read more about this resource...

1) It would be nice to have this functionality when searching for username in /login/register form, too.

2) Wondering is it possible to search as prefix only, i.e. to match username starting with some word, instead of matching in the middle of the username as it is now?

1) It would be nice to have this functionality when searching for username in /login/register form, too.
XF's username autocomplete (for text entry fields) doesn't really work sanely for something like a new username field in the signup form.

2) Wondering is it possible to search as prefix only, i.e. to match username starting with some word, instead of matching in the middle of the username as it is now?
It tends to prefer a prefix match where possible, tuning the matching is a little tricky without losing useful funcitonality.

XF's username autocomplete (for text entry fields) doesn't really work sanely for something like a new username field in the signup form.
Actually I was thinking about /misc/validate-username endpoint, so XF would check if the username exist via your add-on (because it better matches all character variants).

It tends to prefer a prefix match where possible, tuning the matching is a little tricky without losing useful funcitonality.
But it doesn't make mush sense that when typing @mas you see "tomas" in the autocomplete list. It should display usernames starting with "mas" only.

Last edited:
Top Bottom