XF 2.1 User upgrades not being applied to user account

Pauly

Over the last couple weeks i have been contacted by members who have purchased a user upgrade but this upgrade does not get applied to their user account

The first couple i just manually upgraded them and hoped it was a glitch but it happened again, i would estimate it happens around 5 - 10 % of the time over the last couple weeks (and its only started in the last couple weeks) and been fine for the last few years of operation

Just to give a little background i have been running XF1.5 until the start of UK lockdown then i finally did the XF2 upgrade and am currently running latest 2.1.10

Im not sure if its associated but i have experienced a couple OOM errors several weeks ago and have currently got enhanced search disabled as running elastic on my server causes RAM usage to slowly creep up until it maxes out and kills processes (starting with elasticsearch.service)

My server error log currently looks like this, i seem to get sporadic moments where emails fail for a very brief period, normally <60 secs, but i have generally ignored these and have never received any errors relating to paypal/upgrades etc
Capture.webp

Payment log seems ok, payments where the upgrade is not applied are identical to ones that are

Left is one that failed to apply and right is a successful one, not sure what else i can check so appreciate your wisdom

Capture.webp

Just looked back through the log (and the users account) and it seems the upgrade was applied with a huge delay
The initial entry in the payment log had well over an hour gap until second entry ?

What cron job does this task fall under - user group promotions, every 20 minutes ?

Capture.webp

Those are two separate entries in the log.

The one at 15:48 was not a payment - you can see in the details there is no transaction ID and as the title states "no action".

The second at 16:59 is the actual payment.

Been monitoring this over the last few weeks and had another failure yesterday but this time a little different

Member signed up and paid, i received payment along with the standard two emails from paypal telling me 'you received a payment' and 'new automatic payment profile for xxx' etc but the upgrade never took place and payment logs shows failure

I cant see why it failed or what it failed on ?

log.webp

Log 1.webp

log 2.webp

Nothing more in the payment log but on closer look the user was manually upgraded by the other admin on our site so it didnt automatically get applied my apologies
Looks like it back to a straight fail to apply rather than extended delay

Im just not sure how to troubleshoot these issues ?

I don't see anything wrong with the log entry so I'm not sure why the "invalid custom field" message is being triggered.

If you have active support, then it's likely worth submitting a ticket with ACP, FTP/cPanel access to see if we can debug it.

Just in case anyone else is unsure if upgrades are working or not, especially if you've migrated from vBulletin. When I was testing this, I was expecting the user's user group to change to the new group, but that's not how it works.

When a user purchases an upgrade to a new user group, Xenforo doesnt remove it from its existing user group, instead it adds a secondary user group to the user. If the upgrade expires they will be returned to the original user group. I didn't cop this for a while and thought the upgrades were not working. I was suffering from mild vBulletinitis.

Top Bottom