User Upgrades by Waindigo [Deleted]

@Jon W Bump - Categories are no longer working for me after the lastest Xenforo Upgrade - and exporting to XML hasn't worked in some time.
I haven't been able to replicate either issue in the new version. Please upgrade and let me know if you still have any of these issues.

ur recent update is totally incompatible with BD Paygates

when i updated it completely disabled the user upgrade area as in nothing was shown just blank page...

this on the Client Side View not Admin page

g4Ysd.png

Was it compatible before?

not sure as i have had ur Add-on Disabled since it didn't support BD Paygates

but it did still show the User upgrades section but it killed the BD Paygates Bitcoin and other third party Payments from showing. so older version killed BD Paygates. This version BD paygates kills ur add-on

and i did ask for this to be supported but i did not not get a reply from u, its like u totally ignored my message...

I haven't been able to replicate either issue in the new version. Please upgrade and let me know if you still have any of these issues.

Jon,

I have no "Category" dropdown in the admin user upgrades. There is no way for me to put a category onto a user upgrade. I have to go into the SQL db and set the # manually.
Also if you read this, Please see your MetaData Release thread - I have posted about serverlog errors (140 now) and have not seen a reply from you.

Jon,

I have no "Category" dropdown in the admin user upgrades. There is no way for me to put a category onto a user upgrade. I have to go into the SQL db and set the # manually.
Also if you read this, Please see your MetaData Release thread - I have posted about serverlog errors (140 now) and have not seen a reply from you.
Have you created some categories? Make sure you create some that have parent categories.

Jon W updated User Upgrades by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.5.1 released

New features:
  • Added ability to add descriptions to user upgrade categories.
  • Added option to show upgrade descriptions under a user upgrade category. Unchecking this option will group all upgrades together and just show their buttons next to the category description.
  • Added option to override the button title for individual user upgrades.
  • Added option to show price for user upgrade description. Unchecking this option will hide the price. This is useful if you would...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jon W updated User Upgrades by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.5.2 released

New features:
  • Added option to move user upgrades from the accounts tab to a dedicated Upgrades tab (premium feature).
Bug fixes:
  • "Show upgrade descriptions" option now checked by default when creating upgrade categories.
  • "Show price" option now checked by default when creating user upgrade.
  • Fixed bug that unable to export user upgrades on newer installs due to missing files.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, can I use this to charge for paid access at the time the user first registers on the site when they create their account?

Since 2 days, the resource is being flagged as "update available".
User Upgrades by Waindigo Waindigo_UserUpgrades (version: 1.5.2) | Last Check: 25 minutes ago

All my upgrades are coming in like this on the transaction log now:

Action:
Payment: Payment received, upgraded/extended
User:
Unknown Account

Only log entries that involve a successful payment will be attached to a user and user upgrade.

Upgrade:
Unknown Upgrade
Date:
Today at 9:56 AM
Transaction ID:
1A883ddddddTR319744E

KozmoK I am having the same issue now.

I don't know who the users are, of if the upgrade was properly applied to their account.

Action:
Payment: Payment received, upgraded/extended
User:
Unknown Account

Only log entries that involve a successful payment will be attached to a user and user upgrade.

Upgrade:
Unknown Upgrade
Date:
Monday at 11:20 PM
Transaction ID:
32U66710CR393743N

Thanks for letting me know.... I can't get Jon W. To reply, or PM me back. I deal with 30-40 transaction a day and you cant search paypal... The info inside the paypal transaction only has the users ID, not name.

Boy I wish I did that many a day... week or a month. :)

One thing I have found is that the transaction ID I am given by Paypal is NOT the same Transaction ID given to the person who made the purchase.

Hopefully Jon W will see this and help us out.

I spent an hour looking for anything resembling the transaction logs in the code - too complicated for me!

I am going to see if I can search the internet for the version prior. I did spring house cleaning on my HD after I installed this last version - removing that version :(

EDIT: I always thought John W Made the transation log searcher - I guess its part of xenforo :)

but I see when I installed Johns Upgrade, all records inserted into the Transaction Log are missing the user_upgrade_record_id - they are all zero.. so something in his mod is writing 0 to it :(
upload_2015-3-13_22-18-59.webp

@Jon W Can you please look into this?

Last edited:
I spent an hour looking for anything resembling the transaction logs in the code - too complicated for me!

I am going to see if I can search the internet for the version prior. I did spring house cleaning on my HD after I installed this last version - removing that version :(

EDIT: I always thought John W Made the transation log searcher - I guess its part of xenforo :)

but I see when I installed Johns Upgrade, all records inserted into the Transaction Log are missing the user_upgrade_record_id - they are all zero.. so something in his mod is writing 0 to it :(
View attachment 101098

@Jon W Can you please look into this?
I'm unable to replicate this. I have this add-on running on my site and user_upgrade_record_id is filled in. I also can't see any reason in the code why this would do this.

Do you have any other add-ons that affect user upgrades?

I'm unable to replicate this. I have this add-on running on my site and user_upgrade_record_id is filled in. I also can't see any reason in the code why this would do this.

Do you have any other add-ons that affect user upgrades?

Excellent question I should have asked my self this.

I have the Upgrade Coupons that you made for me, and liquidserve's UserUpgrade conversations.

Once I saw the UserUpgrade Conversations I disabled it - and hopefully I edit this post back with some good news.
I am guessing since I updated yours, his hook was being called prior to yours?

I see he does extend

public function upgradeUser($userId, array $upgrade, $allowInsertUnpurchasable = false, $endDate = null)
{
$record = parent::upgradeUser($userId, $upgrade, $allowInsertUnpurchasable, $endDate);

EDIT: Bad news - I disabled the UpgradeConversations and I am still seeing the issue.

The only upgrade type addons are
UserUpgrades
UpgradeCoupons

Both by you.

Update: I disabled all addons but your userUpgrades and it errors the same.

Next I will disable your user upgrades and see if it errors

Edit: I disabled your two addons UserUpgrades and Upgrade Coupons and bought a subscription - failed two times I tried, it wouldn't even process them.

Not sure what I can try next, I have a 1.42 version perhaps I will try that.

@Jon W I re-uploaded the 1.52 files, and did a re-install of the addon and Im getting this on the file health check... I deleted and re-installed and still get the same thing on the file health check

upload_2015-3-15_21-34-49.webp

I compared your prior releases and found a difference in the code for all those 5 files listed.
I changed them to what other versions had, reloaded xenforo 1.44 and it looks like it may be working again now.

Last edited:
How to redirect the user directly to the purchase page (paypal) instead of showing the popup/full page when he clicks "Purchase" in the user upgrades menu?

Top Bottom