User Upgrades by Waindigo [Deleted]

Hello,
Does this addon can limit purchasing of an upgrade for an usergroup?
For example , Registered Users can not buy Upgrade-A.
Yes, there is an option to set a required user group so you can set this so all other user groups can purchase the upgrade and leave the one you wish to restrict.

To be more specific. We really like the terms of service option with this add-on and would love to see the terms of service carry over to a gift as well - thus why I am asking :).

As far as I know it is compatible with the other add-on. Would be happy to add the option if you are interested in contributing

We are shortly about to release a Coupons extension, so it could perhaps be integrated into that somehow?

Last edited:
Hi,

As far as I know it is compatible with the other add-on. Would be happy to add the option if you are interested in contributing

We are shortly about to release a Coupons extension, so it could perhaps be integrated into that somehow?

Kind regards,

Jon.

Would be happy to contribute. I will take this to a conversation. Thanks!

I know have an user that is now inactive, but I need them to be active, how to I make them active again, since they don't show up on the active list?

I know have an user that is now inactive, but I need them to be active, how to I make them active again, since they don't show up on the active list?
I assume by 'user' you mean user upgrade and this is why you are posting in this thread ;)

If you are the admin you can always manually upgrade a user in the ACP, this is a core feature of XenForo and available to everyone you will also be able to select an end date for the user upgrade. Other than this the user needs to purchase the user upgrade again.

I made a manual edit to my user_upgrades template to force users to input a shipping address (this allows me to send out membership packs).

I've just installed your (excellent) add-on (along with the discount code one) and it is again not requesting a delivery address.

Do you know where I can make the edit to the PayPal form to change:
Code:
<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="1" />
to
Code:
<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="2" />

Thanks!
James.

I made a manual edit to my user_upgrades template to force users to input a shipping address (this allows me to send out membership packs).

I've just installed your (excellent) add-on (along with the discount code one) and it is again not requesting a delivery address.

Do you know where I can make the edit to the PayPal form to change:
Code:
<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="1" />
to
Code:
<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="2" />

Thanks!
James.
I had a few spare moments so added this for you. I have added options in the ACP for you to manage your sites preferences. If you could test this for me that would be appreciated ;)

Wondering if this add-on will achieve this desired scenario ... ?
2,800+ users have an active upgrade that is once-off paid and permanent, it puts them into a (paid memebrs) usergroup that gives added privileges.
I want to change this upgrade to now be an annual subscription instead. I can go ahead and change the upgrade config, put it leaves the existing upgrade users in permanent. I want them to change so that their end date becomes today()+365 days, and when the end date arrives, they will need to re(enter) paypal details and complete upgrade and subscription.

Wondering if this add-on will achieve this desired scenario ... ?
2,800+ users have an active upgrade that is once-off paid and permanent, it puts them into a (paid memebrs) usergroup that gives added privileges.
I want to change this upgrade to now be an annual subscription instead. I can go ahead and change the upgrade config, put it leaves the existing upgrade users in permanent. I want them to change so that their end date becomes today()+365 days, and when the end date arrives, they will need to re(enter) paypal details and complete upgrade and subscription.
Currently you can edit the end dates of existing user upgrades but batch processing is not currently possible. Also users will have to initiate a new purchase of the upgrade once it has expired, no prompting will occur as PayPal is no connected to the upgrade record in any way, this is not something that can be quickly added we have recently tried!

I had a few spare moments so added this for you. I have added options in the ACP for you to manage your sites preferences. If you could test this for me that would be appreciated ;)
Works brilliantly, thanks so much! :)

CsS3oHN.png

Is it possible to set up a recurring payment where the user can insert how much they want?

We want to allow our users to have an easy way to setup recurring payments for what ever amount they want in order to support the site.

Does the new 1.3.1 update with the individual paypal email address interfere with your paypal email address for each sub?

@Waindigo having problem where all recurring payments are now being processing as permanent. Help!
Looking into this (for everyone else to know I'm not ignoring you, obviously you know I'm checking)
Is it possible to set up a recurring payment where the user can insert how much they want?

We want to allow our users to have an easy way to setup recurring payments for what ever amount they want in order to support the site.
Interesting idea, currently only the standard site says X you pay X exists to keep things system. If members want to donate a monthly amount this can just be done through PayPal manually, this functionality could be added but it may be simpler to just create a 'donations page' on your site and provide a PayPal link. PM me if you want a quote though.
Does the new 1.3.1 update with the individual paypal email address interfere with your paypal email address for each sub?
I'll have a look into this.

Interesting idea, currently only the standard site says X you pay X exists to keep things system. If members want to donate a monthly amount this can just be done through PayPal manually, this functionality could be added but it may be simpler to just create a 'donations page' on your site and provide a PayPal link. PM me if you want a quote though.

The issue with that is the fact that is actually mildy complicated on Paypal's end to set up things like recurring subscriptions. Its devs like you and the guys behind xF that utlize the paypal API to make it really easy for us noobs :P.

I don't know if I want a quote for it just yet. We aren't sure how many would use it on our site, but it sounds like an extremely useful feature to have.

Of course paypal doesn't naturally offer a button where users can enter any recurring subscription. The only way for a user to enter their own amount is if a regular donation setup.

So you'd have to do it in a way where once the user inputs the amount they want, it automatically generations the recurring subscription for that amount as if it had been offered in the first place.

At least I think thats how it would work.

Top Bottom