XF 2.1 User upgrades - Any way to put site name in the recurring PayPal payment?

Amin Sabet

I occasionally get emails like this gem:

I just received a charge on my PayPal account from you. I have no idea who you are or what this is for. Please respond as this appeared to be unauthorized. It was set up today Jan 4th 2020 and I did not buy anything today. Please refund my money or I willl be reporting you to paypal.

People see that they have a PayPal payment to my email, but they don't realize it's related to the user upgrade on my site.

I use the same email to receive payments from multiple sites, and it isn't convenient for me to set up different PayPal emails for each site.

Is there any way within Xenforo to set up the user upgrades so that when PayPal says that they just sent a payment to my email address, the site information is also made explicit in the PayPal message and avoid this kind of confusion?

I suggest a business account. Imagine you buy an item at a store, and the CC comes back as charged to a personal name instead of ABC Electronics Inc. This will keep happening.

Top Bottom