User Upgrade Trials

Onimua

I want to be able to create user upgrades that are actual trials. Right now I can create a user upgrade that last a short amount of time but it doesn't look like there's anything that prevents them from being able to order it again.

Basically, I want to offer subscriptions to users, and users who haven't purchased one yet can try it out for however long I want the trial to be before it expires and they are demoted. When the trial ends, I don't want them to be able to get the trial again; the option shouldn't be available to them any more, only the options to buy a full subscription.

Upvote 13
Great idea! It's not something I would use, given the nature of my site, however I can certainly see this as being very useful with subscription based sites.

I can see users creating multiple accounts so they can keep getting the free subscription trial after it expires, but it is still a good idea if used right.

I can see users creating multiple accounts so they can keep getting the free subscription trial after it expires, but it is still a good idea if used right.
If someone is willing to keep doing that over and over again (new account, create the account, confirm it, get the subscription only to have it expire in a few days), well I think they just willingly put themselves into their own purgatory. :p

If someone is willing to keep doing that over and over again (new account, create the account, confirm it, get the subscription only to have it expire in a few days), well I think they just willingly put themselves into their own purgatory. :p
Yeah

The way I would have this work tho, is only allow certain usergroups to purchase that subscription. That way it stops new accounts from getting it over and over if the free trial is really good. Which I suppose brings up a new idea/suggestion. Have the ability to set which usergroups can or can not purchase which subscriptions.

Top Bottom