XF 2.2 User Upgrade Query

RoyalRumble

Hello,

Bit of a strange one that I'm hopeful someone can kindly assist with.

We have User Upgrades enabled.

Whenever anyone purchases a User Upgrade, they're promoted to a new Usergroup.

We don't wish to display particular (mobile, stuck footer) adverts to those within this Usergroup.

Unfortunately, this type of advert our ad agency manages so I don't think we can use the excellent Ad Manager plugin or template conditionals and they're asking

My assumption is that there was something set within the page that identified paid vs non paid users? Basically this is all we need to identify and then we can set some conditions at the tag / ad unit level so paid users don't see the sticky footer ad. Once you confirm this we'll have our Integration Consultant set up the necessary conditions and we can roll out the sticky footer ads.

Does anyone know if there's anything within XF pages that would allow an ad agency to exclude one usergroup over another?

Many thanks

How do you display, technically, the ads ?

Ad agency script in header.
All units displayed all ads using code within Ad Manager.

Only exception is for sticky footer ads, the ad agency control those using a script in the header. They're asking if there's anything within XF pages that would allow them to segment (exclude the ads showing) based on usergroup.

HTML:
<!-- Ads will be only displayed for usergroups 1, 2, 3 (ID) -->

<xf:if is="$xf.visitor.isMemberOf([1, 2, 3])">
    Ads script
</xf:if>

<!-- Ads will not be displayed for usergroups 1, 2, 3 (ID) -->

<xf:if is="!$xf.visitor.isMemberOf([1, 2, 3])">
    Ads script

Why can't you use conditional statements?

Just wrap the ad code in them to hide from certain user groups.

HTML:
<!-- Ads will be only displayed for usergroups 1, 2, 3 (ID) -->

<xf:if is="$xf.visitor.isMemberOf([1, 2, 3])">
    Ads script

<!-- Ads will not be displayed for usergroups 1, 2, 3 (ID) -->

<xf:if is="!$xf.visitor.isMemberOf([1, 2, 3])">
    Ads script

Thanks gents.

Yeah, usually I'd do that. I also use Siropu's Ad Manager which allows similar.

The issue I have though is the Ad script in our header is Universal (all ads), and it's the ad agency themselves who control some type of ads - such as a the sticky footer their side. I don't actually have an ad unit code for it;
  • "Regarding web interstitial and sticky footer ad units, we enable them from our end so no tags for these two units."
^ So they're asking if there's anything within XF pages that identifies usergroups/would allow them to segment (exclude the ads showing) based on usergroup.

I figure not...

Thanks for the help, I'll go back and ask them to sort us an Ad Code.

Top Bottom