XF 1.3 User Upgrade Not Happening Even After Paypal Payment

Andy Black

Hi,

Is there a time delay when users upgrade and successfully pay via Paypal, and when they get membership to the new group?

I've been having to go in and manually add the registered member into the Secondary User Group.

Thanks,
Andy

Check the xf_user_upgrade_log table. Is there any record of the transaction? The record may contain a specific error message if there was a problem. If there is no record of the transaction then make sure the payment completed (in your paypal account). Also check these things:

1) Make sure your board URL is correct:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Board URL

2) Note that the paypal callbacks don't work if your forum is behind a htaccess login.

Or it's possible Paypal simply failed to send the callback. That happens sometimes in which case you can manually upgrade the user in the Admin CP.

Thanks for your reply Jake.
I think it was the Paypal Primary Account Email not being correct.
Hopefully this is solved.
Log below.

Andy

1) Make sure your board URL is correct:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Board URL

# My Board URL
upload_2014-5-27_23-18-11.webp

# My Paypal IPN
upload_2014-5-27_23-13-12.webp

# Automated Email from Paypal a few days ago
upload_2014-5-27_23-16-33.webp

# Found this thread:
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-ipn-warnings-in-my-emails-from-paypal.70479/

So it might be to do with the paypal email address I'm using. It appears I need to use the "parent" one, and not a child one. I know I have two paypal email addresses linked to the same account, so I'll check I'm using the original one (which I presume is the "parent" one).

# Aha... When I go to Users > Transaction Log, and check one of the errors, I get this:

upload_2014-5-27_23-25-5.webp

# Lo and behold

Admin CP > Users > User Upgrades > Paypal Primary Account Email

Does not match the primary email address in paypal.
I must have changed it in paypal, and not changed it in Xenforo, as this did work initially.

Solved hopefully. If I don't report back then consider it solved.

Attachments

• upload_2014-5-27_23-11-23.webp
    upload_2014-5-27_23-11-23.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom