XF 2.2 User Unable To Register With Social But Is Able To Connect Them After Registering? Confused.

KensonPlays

I have a friend who was unable to register with either Google or Twitter, but was able to register manually and connect them. Myself and my Co-Owner were able to connect all the platforms (Google, Twitter, Twitch, Steam, Discord, Reddit) via built-in and Themehouse addon, but they're unable to register a new account tho they can connect to an already existing account.

What's going on? No errors in error log.

Tests pass in Connected Accounts settings.

Last edited:
Impossible to guess without knowing the exact details and any error messages.

However, if it's limited to one person then it's an issue local to them.

Anyone else have any thoughts? This issue is preventing me from fully launching my site. There are no issues on Google's end, no issues on the ACP, so I don't know what else I can look at to see what's going on. ACP Tests pass, I can connect socials to my already-existing account, but seems creating accounts with them isn't working fully.

Anyone else have any thoughts? This issue is preventing me from fully launching my site. There are no issues on Google's end, no issues on the ACP, so I don't know what else I can look at to see what's going on. ACP Tests pass, I can connect socials to my already-existing account, but seems creating accounts with them isn't working fully.
Anyone? This is preventing me from fully launching my site & forums (since I use pages & blog addons too).

It seems to be registration based not user-based now. There are zero errors in either the ACP, or the social network's dashboards, so I can't figure out what's going on, on my end if there are no errors.

I can connect social handles with the account I made while doing setup, and my coowner could connect socials too, but I manually registered him in as well. Registering via socials seems broken, regular sign-ups and connecting socials seem to be fine.

How does the problem manifest itself? It just forces firstly create account after trying login?
No, it seems that they are unable to register using any connected account. I have Google, Twitter, Twitch, Steam, Reddit, and Discord. Some of these are from the ThemeHouse additional ones. But I would say 90% of the registrations will most likely be from Discord, Twitch (both are the plugin) and Google.

If they create an account normally, then it lets them connect social accounts. But they're unable to use the 1 or 2 click social accounts to register which is weird, since there are zero errors in the ACP, and zero errors on Google's end.

I go to Connected Accounts and "test provider" and it simply says "test passed."

This is beginning to really tick me off. Since there are zero errors in the logs in regards to Connected Accounts (only errors I'm seeing are the Bob's blog addon), and no errors on Google's end, there's not much I can do myself, that I can see.

As with my post above, it seems that it's not just them now.

Top Bottom