1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 User Titles

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by LuvMeSumZen, Sep 23, 2014.

1. LuvMeSumZen

LuvMeSumZen Active Member

I want to delete a user title for a banned member and just have the Banned show, but I see no where to do that in his account in the ACP. I want to delete the title shown in the red rectangle . . .

user title.jpg

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

There should only be one user title showing by default:

Title 1.png Title 2.png

3. LuvMeSumZen

But as you can see, it's there. I looked for an add-on that may cause this but cannot find one. I think at one time I had one called Custom User Titles, but I removed it. I wonder if all the titles that members selected stayed behind?

4. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

Banned is likely a userbanner with no styling. The clue here is the fact that it is centered. There are also settings in Xenforo related to overriding a user title I would check to make sure that isn't interfering.

Amaury likes this.
  5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I was just about to post that.

@LuvMeSumZen, check your banners. You likely have one for banned users, but with no styling.

6. LuvMeSumZen

I still can't figure it out. I could not see in ACP>User Groups>Banned - how to change it. Do I need to select Use The Following User Title? I don't see how that would erase the custom title.
    a user titles2.jpg

I also logged in as the user and couldn't even see how to change it if I were him.

a user titles.jpg

7. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

Remove the user banner text. Add it to user title over ride. You can keep the user banner if you want but...

Not 100% sure it will override the custom title. But as far as being able to set it its a permission. Could have been on at one time and now off. Edit the profile to remove?