XF 2.1 User Title with URL links

marshreef

We have a custom field for our users:
1590066469967.webp
When this field is filled in they are promoted in a group which gives them the "build thread contributor" title below.

1590066373471.webp

Ideally what we would like is when someone clicks that title it will take them to the link in custom field above.

Anyone have any idea how to do that?
I thought
Using Value display HTML: <a href="{$value}" target="blank">Build Thread Contributor</a> would do it, but its not working.

example field in user info:
1590081695834.webp

1590081714586.webp

1590083830760.webp

You are conflating custom user fields with user group banners; you can't link the custom user field value to the user group banner.

What you have done for the custom user field is correct but you then need to check "Viewable in message user info" and also ensure "Custom fields" is checked in the message user info style properties.

It will then appear like so:

1590084988077.png

Hmmm.... ok maybe I'm not understanding.

This is the functionality I'm being asked by our board members to mimic. On the forum shown, when I hover my cursor over this banner it is linked to the URL you see below and if I click it, it takes me to that location.
1590088510455.png

1590088355898.png

Last edited:
@Brogan

Is there a way to style it so that it appears similar to a user banner?

You are conflating custom user fields with user group banners; you can't link the custom user field value to the user group banner.

What you have done for the custom user field is correct but you then need to check "Viewable in message user info" and also ensure "Custom fields" is checked in the message user info style properties.

It will then appear like so:

View attachment 225643

I am looking at a similar problem with organizational awards.

We have a REST API end point set up to store values in custom user fields for awards received from our parent organization.

The usergroup banners allow a little more flash and customization so I created a usergroup promotion for each of the awards and have the award banner associated with that usergroup. Something similar could be done with the values and CSS but the banners seem easier.

Top Bottom