XF 2.1 User status changes from valid to rejected when a user reset his password

siONtI

When a user reset their password user state is randomly changed from valid to rejected.

I just noticed it because a forum member had this issue
999566.webp

I checked all the users with "Rejected" status and noticed that their status changed from valid to rejected when they reseted their passwords.
Capture.webp

I think that's extremely unlikely and can't seem to reproduce those results.

The most likely scenario is that whichever change logs changed the state from valid to rejected has since been removed. We keep the change logs for 60 days but the user has been registered longer than that.

The two change logs with the blue left border are "protected" change logs, which we keep as they have significance and are relevant to GDPR.

A user will only go into the Rejected state if an admin manually sets them to that, or if they end up in the Approval queue. They may end up in the Approval queue if when they registered they bumped into some spam settings like Stop Forum Spam, and the moderator Rejected them rather than approving them.

Not sure if this is related.

Had a new member that I accidentally rejected. Spam clean.

Now I want to approve. I changed her status from rejected to valid, but she still has a "line" through her name and can't post?

Top Bottom