XF 2.1 User says two-factor authentication is always triggered on iPhone

VerMoore

I have a user who says that every time she tries to access my forum with her iPhone she is forced to go through the verification process. She says she has checked the "good for 30 days" box. I have not heard anyone else making these complaints, and it works perfectly for me. Any ideas about what could be triggering this? I've tried Googling but have found nothing that seems similar, so either it's a unique problem or I'm Googling the wrong thing. I'm using the latest version of the software. TIA.

Thanks; before posting here I posted on my board but expected it was a unique issue. However, in the past hour or so, several other people said they also had to go through the process at least twice on their iPhones before it "stuck," and one other person said he, too, has to reverify each time on his iPhone but not on other devices.

I'll have people check their cookie settings, but with this new set of examples particularly the fact that for some it resolved after a few attempts, it sounds like something else is going on. Any thoughts? As I haven't had the issue myself I just have no idea where to starts.

If it was a generic XF problem it would affect everyone.

As it seems to be just iphone users then I suspect it's still device/browser specific.

Right, thanks, now that more data has come in I see it's not a Xenforo thing but a user issue. Still trying to fix it for the two who can't make authentication stick; both say they have the latest iOS and allow cookies, and one has been using an app and the other email. I'm out of ideas for what they might change so am flipping the authentication switch on their accounts and hoping that fixes whatever is wonky. If it doesn't...🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom