1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 User Registration

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by majesty95, Oct 12, 2013.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Active Member

I am getting a lot (over 100) of users trying to register but it does not complete. I have it set to confirm email so I'm guessing they are not confirming that. Is it not very straightforward or is this common?

Also, most users, even if not signing up through Facebook, are having their full names as user names. I've tried to ask a few and they've said they wanted me to change it but haven't been able to indicate why it populated as their full make. Is this common also?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can disable email confirmation if you wish.

Users who register via Facebook have the option of changing the user name during the registration process.
  3. majesty95

majesty95 Active Member

know I can disable it. I'm just wondering if it isn't self explanatory. Is it common to have all of these unconfirmed users?

Do people get a lot of spam users?
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Be glad you're not me.

I don't want to go through all of these. Can someone do it for me? :x

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I get around one per week.

Perhaps your spam criteria are too strict?
    Or perhaps your site is just a spammer target?
  6. majesty95

majesty95 Active Member

After looking at all of the names and emails it looks like they are pretty much all spam :(