1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 User Registration

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by billybatz9, Aug 20, 2013.

1. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

Here are my user registration settings...
    xen1.png xen2.png xen3.png xen4.png

Sometimes I will get a user notification on the top left (admin bar) that says I need to approve, decline, and etc the member?

Aren't they supposed to approve themselves through email confirmation? Or do I get that notification because they are a potential threat to my site?
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Your Stop Forum Spam settings are set to moderate registrations if they fail one of the three checks.
  3. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

Should I up that limit to two checks? Or is 1 good?
    I have been approving all the people who fail 1 check. How do I know if they are a threat or not? They havent posted any messages since being approved.
  4. Jeremy

That's really up to you, I always recommended 2 failures with my SFS add-on.
  5. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

What are the three failures?
    Do you know by any chance?
  6. Jeremy

IP, Username, Email are the three checks that can be performed in Stop Forum Spam. You have it set so that if any one of those fail, it places the user in manual moderation.

You also have the other option set to be manually verified, but I'm not sure what that verification checks.
    billybatz9 likes this.