XF 1.1 User Registration

Mancunian

Not sure if this is a defect so thought best to ask.
New user goes through the process of signing up. Email confirmation is active.
New User receives the email but does not respond.
Admin goes in and checks the user's current group status and it is showing as "Registered".
I would have expected this to have been "Unregistered/Unconfirmed" until the user had successfully responded to the email.
User cannot post etc - just doesn't seem right to be showing as "Registered".. ???
If this is Working As Designed - what is the purpose of "Unregistered/Unconfirmed"?

It is the Awaiting email confirmation state which applies to registered members who haven't confirmed by clicking the link.

just doesn't seem right to be showing as "Registered".. ???
Technically speaking they have registered, they just haven't confirmed.

Technically a status of "Unregistered/Unconfirmed" is more sensible as they are not registered until their email address has been verified !
If it is working correctly then I won't worry about it but it still doesn't really explain how a user can be "Unregistered/Unconfirmed".

Suppose the user never responds to the email - we have a "Registered" user who is not in a position to post... How do we detect that person in order to delete him?

As Brogan said, the user state tells you if a user has confirmed their email or not. Their group will be "Registered" but their user state will be "Awaiting email confirmation". You can search by user state:

Admin CP -> Users -> Search for Users

The user state is also listed in each person's profile in the Admin CP.

If this is Working As Designed - what is the purpose of "Unregistered/Unconfirmed"?

That group defines the permissions for guests and registered users whose user state is not "valid" (i.e. awaiting email confirmation). Users are not normally made a member of that group. Rather it just defines permissions for those users.

Top Bottom