User-Profile versus Company-Profile ?

erich37

There is a User-Profile named XenForo, which is more like a Company-Profile rather than a User-Profile.

Is it possible to be flexible with Profile-Fields ? I mean like setting-up User-Profiles and ALSO Company-Profiles ?
Like having different Profile-Fields for Companies and different Profile-Fields for Members ?

http://xenforo.com/community/members/xenforo.1/

I would like to be able to set-up User-Profiles and Company-Profiles.
But having different custom profile-fields for each of those.

Many thanks,

There is a User-Profile named XenForo, which is more like a Company-Profile rather than a User-Profile.

Is it possible to be flexible with Profile-Fields ? I mean like setting-up User-Profiles and ALSO Company-Profiles ?
Like having different Profile-Fields for Companies and different Profile-Fields for Members ?

http://xenforo.com/community/members/xenforo.1/

I would like to be able to set-up User-Profiles and Company-Profiles.
But having different custom profile-fields for each of those.

Many thanks,

XenForo is a member, for posting announcements and such. I do not believe that it will be very good to have both, but you can set this up in .htaccess with url rewriting.

I mean something like this:

User-Profile:
- Homepage

Company-Profile:
- Annual Revenue
- Company Address
- Export-Quota
- Manufacturer / Supplier / Distributor
- Homepage

Or is this something which would rather be accomplished by using Social-Groups ?

yeah, perhaps Custom Profiles would be the solution for you? :) So long as there is an ACP setting to control what displays I don't think it matters what Custom Profile fields you put in there.

well, that is what I tried to ask in my initial post:

Whether it is possible to customize Profile-fields for two different types of members, like having both "User-Members" AND "Company-Members".

Top Bottom