User Profile mod: show specific posts created

ibenick

My site is heavily oriented towards users posting trip reports from their outdoors adventures. There is a Forum on my site dedicated only to Trip Reports with sub-forums for the various activities like hiking, backpacking, canyoneering, etc. Encouraging users to share good content in this section is crucial.

I would like to figure out how to make it so that any trip report a user has created can be shown in a list on their user profile so that other users can see a quick list of their Trip Reports. Pretty much exactly like the data that comes up under the 'Postings' tab but filter it to only show threads created by that member within the Trip Reports forum. It would be ideal if this Trip Reports tab was the default view when someone views a user profile.

Would this be very difficult? I'm okay with making template edits if I have an idea of what I'm doing but if this is a lot more work than I am hoping, I would even be willing to pay someone to help me, especially if I could also add a "Trip Reports: xx" on to the users list of messages, likes, etc. next to each post they make.

My site is http://backcountrypost.com/forum/

Thank You.

Hm, ok it's not exactly the same.
This add-on uses only 1 forum and not "sub forums"...

Would this work for you?

Attachments

• FireShot Screen Capture #237 - 'ragtek I XenForo' - localhost_xenforo_members_ragtek_1.png.webp
    FireShot Screen Capture #237 - 'ragtek I XenForo' - localhost_xenforo_members_ragtek_1.png.webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 32
So this would work if the sub-forums were no longer there and all of the trip reports were just in the main trip reports forum? I've thought about using thread prefixes rather than sub-forums for the different type of trip reports. My only concern is that it may make page titles excessively long. Would it be possible to modify this to grab from each of the sub-forums?

I'm no fan of options, i prefer config files, that's why you have to

change in ragtek/SLXT/Config.php the node ids
PHP:
static $nodeId = array(44,53);

as next upload the files and install the add-on

search for the phrase with tile "newest_songs" and change it to "road trips" or whatever you want

3. donate some cents to ragga@ragtek.org :p

Attachments

This is looking really good! I have it installed and it is grabbing from the appropriate nodes. But it is displaying the full post. Is it possible to modify so that it just shows the thread title like you would see when browsing a forum or like it shows under the 'Postings' tab? Also, any thoughts on how to add "Trip Reports: xx" above the Message count below the users avatar?

Example of how it's showing entire posts on my profile page:
http://backcountrypost.com/forum/index.php?members/ibenick.1/

I will definitely be making a donation if I can get this going! ;)

Fantastic! Sorry I have not had a chance to work on this until now. I have one question though.

I can see how to change the number of trip reports shown in the config.php. But is there a way to show them all? And if so, somehow be able to click through to more if there are so many that it would not make sense to display all on that page?

Thanks!

And I'm sure this has an easy answer. How can I get the name of that tab to have spaces between the title words. XenForo won't accept it with spaces or %20.

Top Bottom