User Onboarding

User Onboarding [Paid] 2.0.3

No permission to buy ($35.00)
What's the issue exactly? Manually confirming an email doesn't complete the task?

The verify email task doesn't show as complete even after a member confirms their email. We've had to go into the ACP and save the task (without changing anything) periodically, which does mark the task complete for members with verified emails.

@NixFifty

It looks like members can view all configured tasks on the nf_useronboarding_account_onboarding_tasks page, even tasks which are disabled via "Usable by user groups" in the task configuration. Was this intentional? Seems like those tasks should be hidden for members who aren't in the selected groups.

@NixFifty

Every new user that joins us, we create a topic to welcome them in a specific forum.

I want them to reply in that thread.

Please add this feature.

User has replied to a thread
-->
User has replied to a thread in the following forum:

@NixFifty

Let's add tasks like:
Download all the resources in a specified category.
View all topics in a specified forum (eg rules)
Join the specified Group or any group.

Screenshot 2023-06-29 083534.webp

In my opinion, I find the use of strikethrough for indicating completed tasks to be unappealing.

Instead, some alternative options could be considered:
  • Changing the color of a task when it is marked as completed
  • Adding a checkmark icon to indicate completion of a task.

man makes a fair point
It's a minor cosmetic change that can be done in less than two minutes; most developers are not going to make those changes because it comes down to preference.

I actually went back through when I funded the large update for Onboarding, and it does mark things as a checkbox, but not when you use a custom icon. This was done to retain consistency and because of the way that FontAwesome does things.

But you can literally just do what you want with this single CSS declaration.

Code:
.block--progress .progress-complete,
.nf-useronboarding-task-icon.nf-useronboarding-task-icon--completed:before {content:"\f00c"; text-decoration: none;}

@NixFifty

Currently, I am unable to allocate permissions so that each group has its own "User Onboarding."

Simply put, after creating it, everyone can see it, even though I have adjusted the group permissions. However, these adjustments seem to have no effect.

@NixFifty

Currently, I am unable to allocate permissions so that each group has its own "User Onboarding."

Simply put, after creating it, everyone can see it, even though I have adjusted the group permissions. However, these adjustments seem to have no effect.

Same problem I reported back in June :(

@NixFifty

It looks like members can view all configured tasks on the nf_useronboarding_account_onboarding_tasks page, even tasks which are disabled via "Usable by user groups" in the task configuration. Was this intentional? Seems like those tasks should be hidden for members who aren't in the selected groups.

Hi,
Can I use this with the OzzModz badges extension?
I'm allowing users to award themself a badge, using custom fields in the profile.

Thanks for the response, I actually meant the other way around - that one of the things to complete the onboarding process is to select a badge (via custom field)

Is there a way to either exclude a usergroup from onboarding or, alternatively, create a hidden task that isn't included in the list for members?

As an example, our site requires an intro thread for new users, but several of our longstanding staff have never made one in the right forum because staff intros go in a different section. So if that is included in onboarding, it never goes away for them. I've been unable to find any permission to fix this.

Top Bottom