XF 1.2 User notifications upon creation

riraha

Greetings!

There is an option to create a user from the admin panel, but there is no option to send a notification to such users, or is there?

It would be nice and handy if we could inform these users about registration and send them their data (link, login, password) so that thy could enter and customize it. Also it would be great if there would be a way to add many users at once. But I am curious, maybe I've just overlooked such features? If there are plugins for that, I would also appreciate the links.

PS: this request is for legal purposes only, we just need to give access for the bonus content to our customers and this bonus content is in threads with limited access, so for that we need these customers to be registired on forum and set to the specific user group.

Last edited:
There's no default functionality to mass-create users, but it's possible with an add-on (though not sure if it exists).

E-mailing a user on creation might be a nice suggestion, but they should be registering themselves really. I've only ever used the admin user creation to create test accounts.

Thanks for the answers, I think we'll just use phpMyAdmin to add users.

The default emailing functionality should be enough for that, actually, thanks for pointing that out, Brogan. But where can I check all the variables available, like those: {name}, {email}, {id} ? Right now I need to include the user's password, but full reference would be great anyway.

Sure, it's not just names but other fields as well. Quite a bit of work actually and even then there could be some issues... So if anyone knows a plugin that would allow to import users I would much appreciate a link to such plugin.

Sure, it's not just names but other fields as well. Quite a bit of work actually and even then there could be some issues... So if anyone knows a plugin that would allow to import users I would much appreciate a link to such plugin.
Import users from where? Importers exist if it's from other forum software. A DataWriter exists to create users, if you were to build upon that and insert users by utilising this, you could create your own importer.

From CSV/SQL or any other common format to which we could set our list. Originally the list comes from our shop CMS, where people buy the access to our closed forum categories. Creating an own importer would be great, of course, but it could lead to technical issues or simply lots of wasted time (if our programming skills won't be enough to realize such thing). Nevertheless, thanks for the tips, now at least I have an idea where to be searching further.

Also I still would like to know if it's possible to include user's password in emails in the same way as you can specify user's name with {name}. Otherwise it would require to write a seperate email for every user.

Last edited:
The question is not which password to set, but how to send these passwords to users with the built-in mailing function. So that I put something like {password} and it replaces it with user's password for each user in the email sent.

Top Bottom