• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

User Notes

bubbl3

Basically the same as in VB, i really need to leave notes on users for staffing reasons, there is anyone that has ever considered to do or did that? Is this complicated to do?

You mean this stuff ?
Code:
http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/vboptions_group_usernote
Users with permission to read / write usernotes are now able to go to a profile of a member and leave usernotes about this person. This feature is intended to allow staff members to discuss members and keep the information organized rather then having a variety of threads in a staff forum.

It's such a needed feature, it's possible no one is interested in developing this?

I'm new to the MVC approach XenForo is built on so for me the learning curve is a bit steep, but i don't think for someone with the right skills it should be so difficult to add a tab to the profile page visible only to admins and moderators where to leave notes.

If there's a price i think we can find an agreement, probably many ex vb users want this.

I would prefer an area in the moderator queue where an entry for users is made, that will show what has been reported about them and allow for staff to discuss the user there.

EDIT: This feature would sort of require a search feature being added though.

I would prefer an area in the moderator queue where an entry for users is made, that will show what has been reported about them and allow for staff to discuss the user there.

EDIT: This feature would sort of require a search feature being added though.

This is completely different from what i asked, i want the exact same feature you can find in vb. It's to leave a note about the user, for example:
User changed location so it's fine if the new IP is from Sweden
This kind of notes are useful when checking on a user, there's no need to discuss.

Anyway i would pay for this, it's a feature i need to switch to vb and i saw many requests around for user notes, i don't care if i'm the only one to pay, if the price is reasonable it's fine for me and it can help others.

P.S. ragtek i'm already a donor on your site if that's a plus ;)

P.S. ragtek i'm already a donor on your site if that's a plus ;)
ok, then wait till tomorrow monday( i've forgotten that we have holiday today, that's why i'm alone in the office:( ) for the first version(free:) )

I'd like this feature too. Was hoping something similar was coming with the 1.1 warning system :D

Top Bottom