User Notes [Paid] [Deleted]

wang

wang submitted a new resource:

User Notes - Users can leave notes for each other.

About this add-on
This add-on is designed to add a notes system on your forum for your members to leave notes for each other. Notes are posted with Rich Text Editor and have a minimum and maxium characters limit. Members can leave x number of notes per day. They will receive an alert when someone posts a note on their profile.

Posting and viewing of notes are group permission controlled.

An option to reset all notes that a member has received can be found at the Moderator...

Read more about this resource...

If a user does not have permission to view their own or any other notes, will they still get alert if a note is left on their profile?

I want to basically let my mods use this to create notes on users...and am strongly considering the user notes for staff addon since its cheaper.

If a user does not have permission to view their own or any other notes, will they still get alert if a note is left on their profile?

I want to basically let my mods use this to create notes on users...and am strongly considering the user notes for staff addon since its cheaper.
based on the current dollar - euro rate it's the same price ... ;)

The alert function has been removed.

The alert function has been removed.
Can you confirm that this is the case as there has been no additional updates to this addon from December. Or are you saying that moderators can leave notes on users, and the user wont get alerts that someone left a note. I would appreciate clarity. Was this always in the addon or something new and unreleased at this point?

Can you confirm that this is the case as there has been no additional updates to this addon from December. Or are you saying that moderators can leave notes on users, and the user wont get alerts that someone left a note. I would appreciate clarity. Was this always in the addon or something new and unreleased at this point?

My apologies sir if I was not clear. Users will not receive any alerts when someone leaves a note on their profiles.

My apologies sir if I was not clear. Users will not receive any alerts when someone leaves a note on their profiles.
Can you explain why this is listed on the feature list then:
"
  • Members will receive an alert when someone posts a note on their profiles."

Can you explain why this is listed on the feature list then:
"
  • Members will receive an alert when someone posts a note on their profiles."

That was because originally the alert was included, but removed later. And I had forgotten to remove that part from the description till now.

My assumption is, this would probably not function with AndyB's Profile Page add-on correct? By that, I mean is there any way to access existing User Notes, beside the 'Notes' Tab that is created via this add-on?

My assumption is, this would probably not function with AndyB's Profile Page add-on correct? By that, I mean is there any way to access existing User Notes, beside the 'Notes' Tab that is created via this add-on?

Yes, I think your assumption is correct. The only way to access the notes will be to type the url manually in your browser.

@wang Would it be possible to configure this so that members could leave notes for themselves on other peoples profiles?

For example, if I meet someone in person and I want to make a note about their real name or when and where we met. Only the person leaving the note (and perhaps admin) would be able to view it.

@wang Would it be possible to configure this so that members could leave notes for themselves on other peoples profiles?

For example, if I meet someone in person and I want to make a note about their real name or when and where we met. Only the person leaving the note (and perhaps admin) would be able to view it.

Yes, this can be modified to do what you want for an extra fee.

Top Bottom