Add-on User info / Event tracker

drastic

Hi,

I need this for a teacher project. Teachers have what's called a "prep" which is when their students go to gym/art/music/etc and the teacher is on their "break". If the gym teacher is out, then the main teacher doesn't get their "prep" or break that day. When teachers miss their "prep" - then they get an extra class another day, or they get paid for it at the end of the year.

We need a way for teachers to track the date/reason why they lost their prep, then view and print their info as needed so they can hand it in at the end of the year.

I need the ability for users to:

Press "Add Lost Prep"
Then it says "I lost my prep on "enter date" (use a calendar drop down) because "enter custom text."
Press save.

AND

Press "Add Prep Payback"
Then it says "I received a prep payback on "date" (use a calendar drop down) with "enter custom text" (they'll write the class or teacher they had).
Press save.

AND

View Prep Stats
It shows the total number and a collection of their entries, by date, in order they were entered.

Example:

You lost 3 Preps.
I lost my prep on 3/23/15 because gym teacher was out.
I lost my prep on 4/19/15 because I had to cover a class.
I lost my prep on 5/08/15 because music teacher left early.

You received 1 Prep Payback
I received a prep payback on 6/09/15 with gym class.

Print Now

And that's it. I guess if there's a user note addon, we could modify and use that.

Eventually we want to find a way to port this as an app, include usergroup for principals and sell this to school districts as a teacher tool!

Updated:

The addon would add a nav link that says "Add Lost Prep" and "Add Prep Payback"

Here's what they do (and I took out some of the previous items to make it much simpler)

Press Add Lost Prep
entries
- date
- reason
Press save

Press Add Prep Payback
entries
- date
- reason
Press save

Options
Edit missed preps info.
View all missed preps from date to date so user can email or print.
Auto send info to email weekly/monthly (don't really care about this).

It goes like this
Click on "Add Lost Prep" and screen says "I lost my prep on "enter date" because "enter free text."
and
Click on "Add Prep Payback" and screen says I received a prep payback on on "enter date" with/at "enter free text."

We can also do a principals version with nav links saying same thing, but entries are different.
Click on "Add Lost Prep" and screen says "Teacher Name" lost my prep on "enter date" because "enter free text."
and
Click on "Add Prep Payback" and screen says "Teacher Name" received prep payback on "enter date" with/at "enter free text."

Top Bottom