XF 1.3 User groups

Maxxamillion

Is there a way to have users not in a group when then join as when they join they are able to select a group on the site that they wish to join but it uses the registered groups permissions as well when i only what the new group they are in to use those permissions is there a way to fix this, i also use the join groups add on

thanks

You could do it with a custom user field and user group promotion.

I don't really understand the question regarding the permissions though.
The permission set for each member will always be related to the groups they are a member of.

I can't comment on the add-on.
You would need to ask any questions related to it in the discussion thread.

i basically want them to select a group to be in via the navigation bar that i have set up and then i want that to go once they have selected a group but it wont vanish as they are still in the registered group which allows them to view the selection option in the navigation bar

I don't know the add-on you are using and I'm not quite clear what you want, but I think that it is this:

Member joins the forum
Member picks the group they are to be in
When member has chosen the group, they can no longer see the group picker.

Assuming I'm correct, then the solution would be to set the permissions in the add-on to Allow for the Registered group (which everyone should be in) and set them to Never in the groups that they can join. Once they join the group they have chosen, the Never in the group will override the Allow in the Registered group and so they won't see the group picker.

I don't know the add-on you are using and I'm not quite clear what you want, but I think that it is this:

Member joins the forum
Member picks the group they are to be in
When member has chosen the group, they can no longer see the group picker.

Assuming I'm correct, then the solution would be to set the permissions in the add-on to Allow for the Registered group (which everyone should be in) and set them to Never in the groups that they can join. Once they join the group they have chosen, the Never in the group will override the Allow in the Registered group and so they won't see the group picker.

i did exactly that, i set all the groups you can select as unable to join another group yet you still can, and that is where im assuming that the permission to join a group is coming from the registered group

Ive figured it, i have to set the new groups to never and not set it to just no. Thanks guys
That's what I said.
Glad you got it sorted. :)

Top Bottom