User groups

Rob H

I am in the process of building a forum and would like to know if it is possible to hide from veiw a part of the forum or catagory from certain user groups ie: unregistered/unconfirmed hide from view and then for registered hide for a certain number of posts or lenght of time. And how would I go about doing so.

... would like to know if it is possible to hide from veiw a part of the forum or catagory from certain user groups ie: unregistered/unconfirmed hide from view
In the Admin Control Panel, go to Applications->Display Node Tree. In the list of forums, categories, and pages, you can click "Permissions" to change the permissions for that particular node. In the permissions page, click the Unregistered/Unconfirmed usergroup, and set "View Node" to "Never". This will hide the node from unregistered users.

... and then for registered hide for a certain number of posts or lenght of time.
I'm not exactly sure how you would go about doing this. One idea (this might not work, I haven't tried it yet): Create a usergroup called "Non-new users" or something. Add a user-group promotion that promotes users to this usergroup after they have posted X number of times. Set the forum permissions for that particular forum for "Never" for these users too.

More information about permissions: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/understanding-permissions.360/

Top Bottom