1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User groups

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Rob H, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Rob H

Rob H Active Member

I am in the process of building a forum and would like to know if it is possible to hide from veiw a part of the forum or catagory from certain user groups ie: unregistered/unconfirmed hide from view and then for registered hide for a certain number of posts or lenght of time. And how would I go about doing so.

2. -Ice-

-Ice- Active Member

In the Admin Control Panel, go to Applications->Display Node Tree. In the list of forums, categories, and pages, you can click "Permissions" to change the permissions for that particular node. In the permissions page, click the Unregistered/Unconfirmed usergroup, and set "View Node" to "Never". This will hide the node from unregistered users.

I'm not exactly sure how you would go about doing this. One idea (this might not work, I haven't tried it yet): Create a usergroup called "Non-new users" or something. Add a user-group promotion that promotes users to this usergroup after they have posted X number of times. Set the forum permissions for that particular forum for "Never" for these users too.

More information about permissions: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/understanding-permissions.360/

3. Rob H

Rob H Active Member

Thanks Ice3, I was close missed the View Node thing Thanks again