XF 2.2 User group promotions/demotions

I am trying to use the Xenforo reputation system for user group promotions. For example, once a user reaches 100 reputation points they will be promoted to user group A. Then, once they reach 200 reputation points, they will be promoted to user group B, while being removed from user group A. Once they reach 300 reputation points, they will be promoted to user group C, while being removed from user group B.

Is there any way that this can be achieved, or would I just have to go through and manually remove everyone from the previous user group? I'm really hoping there's a way to automatically do this.

If you use the "in goup X" but not "in group Y" parameter, I think it will remove the other.... but maybe @Brogan can confirm that (he and Jeremy are the two most reliable for getting actual assistance from here in the forum).
There really needs to be an option to clearly denote that a user needs to be removed from another group(s) upon promotion to a certain group for clarities sake. Just because the developers and long term admins know how it works does not equate to new users knowing that.

Best of luck... i know that TH has thrown a tantrum or twelve and threatened to leave the XF ecosphere. It's one fo the reasons I refuse to use anything by them.

Best of luck... i know that TH has thrown a tantrum or twelve and threatened to leave the XF ecosphere. It's one fo the reasons I refuse to use anything by them.
Ah, I'm sorry to hear that. Fortunately, I don't pay attention to half of the stuff that goes on around here. I simply make forums, it was only $10, and it supplied what I needed. I couldn't find anything else, so it'll have to do haha.

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that. Fortunately, I don't pay attention to half of the stuff that goes on around here. I simply make forums, it was only $10, and it supplied what I needed. I couldn't find anything else, so it'll have to do haha.
You paid? It says right on the page to use the coupon code: MORECRITERIA

If would’ve been free.

You paid? It says right on the page to use the coupon code: MORECRITERIA

If would’ve been free.
I guess it would help to read those things lol. Good thing it was only $10. :P

Not to mention the XF software already does that using the "is not a member of" criterion.
This was confusing and I wasn't sure how that would work. If the member is in a lower promotion group, and is to be promoted to the next highest one, it wouldn't promote because the member was a member of the lower group.

But it wouldn't really matter as the new group adds more, so you'd just keep both secondary groups. Simple.
But it would matter; the forum I am working on is an exclusive paid-to-post forum niche, and the better your quality, the more you will earn. If you are in both user groups, you earn double what you should.

But it would matter; the forum I am working on is an exclusive paid-to-post forum niche, and the better your quality, the more you will earn. If you are in both user groups, you earn double what you should.
As @Brogan states it is possible in the stock XF, I have a group users are put into upon registration, after their first post they are promoted to another and removed from the other.
Not to mention the XF software already does that using the "is not a member of" criterion.

Top Bottom