Not a bug User group Promotion Criteria: User has not visited for at least X days:

The Dark Wizard

Affected version
v2.2.10 Patch 1
Hi,

When making a promotion that adds users to a group based on "User has not visited for at least X days" nothing happens whether I forcefully run the promotion cron or let it run automatically. I've set numbers like 60, then gone as low as 7 days.

Goal: To set users who have not logged in for X number of days in a group, which then can be the target of various member stats block for exclusion. Decent way to remove inactive people from "Most Messages" for example.

Update: It has promoted two users for some reason that both logged in today as of a few minutes ago.

Last edited:
Only members who have logged in recently will be promoted.

Run the 'Rebuild user group promotions' in the caches menu to apply it to all members.

There is no explanation or explainer that this entire user criteria option is just non-functional for user-group promotions in a reliable way. That is a bug.

This user criteria is also effectively non-functional in the notice system, since if they are viewing the notice they are obviously super-recently active.

So how are you supposed to use this user criteria?

Only members who have logged in recently will be promoted.

Run the 'Rebuild user group promotions' in the caches menu to apply it to all members.
There is no explanation or explainer that this entire user criteria option is just non-functional for user-group promotions in a reliable way. That is a bug.
I have to agree that, I think, is a bug with the way it is written/presented and the expected outcome.

I just ran "Rebuild user group promotions" cache tool, and now it works. But once user logins in and the promotion system removes it and then if they go inactive again, they will not receive the promotion to the inactive group, rendering the automation of the promotion system pointless in this scenario.

This makes the criteria "User has not visited for at least X days" useless as part of the promotion automated system.

Top Bottom