XF 2.2 User group muddle

Stiff

My brain is frazzled from trying to puzzle this out logically and my fingers aren't up to searching any more. It has to do with user groups.

I want this:
Every member, including anyone in any group except unregistered, belongs to the "registered group"
Subsidiary to this, I have a "starter group". This is anyone up to 150 posts. They are not allowed to start threads.

My problem is, if I test a "starter" user, I can start threads. What boxes do I have to X so this doesn't happen?

I don't code. I only use the default xf options. My forum is not open to the public yet.

I had thought a specific user group would override the "registered" category? But maybe I have to create some kind of group for registered that is for 151 posts and up and doesn't include administrators or moderators?
Do I set "registered" to primary or secondary?

All members are in the Registered user group as the primary.

Set the post new thread permission for the Registered user group to no.

Create a user group promotion to a new user group after 150 posts with the permission set to yes.

All members are in the Registered user group as the primary.

Set the post new thread permission for the Registered user group to no.

Create a user group promotion to a new user group after 150 posts with the permission set to yes.
So, will the secondary override the primary?

Gosh, that means I have to come up with a banal user title for most members, I suppose? That's a challenge...

Permissions are cumulative - no user group has priority over another.

Set the Registered user group to the base level permissions you want all members to have, and promote to new user groups with enhanced permissions as required.

Top Bottom