[TH] User Criteria

[TH] User Criteria 1.0.15

No permission to download
@Waindigo, just started using Xenforo and migrated my MyBB forum to it last weekend. Added lots of addons made by you and absolutely love them!

I have one small request though. Is it possible to extend this plugin with 'User has been registered for more than X days'? I'm trying to setup some badges / medals with another plugin and want to avoid having too many of them. With that extra criterium, I can give badges / medals to people who are on the forum for X years and filter out older badges.

The forum is more than 10 years old so without that extra criterium, the badges will explode ;)

Thanks in advance!

@Waindigo, just started using Xenforo and migrated my MyBB forum to it last weekend. Added lots of addons made by you and absolutely love them!

I have one small request though. Is it possible to extend this plugin with 'User has been registered for more than X days'? I'm trying to setup some badges / medals with another plugin and want to avoid having too many of them. With that extra criterium, I can give badges / medals to people who are on the forum for X years and filter out older badges.

The forum is more than 10 years old so without that extra criterium, the badges will explode ;)

Thanks in advance!
XenForo already has this criteria built-in.

"User has been registered for at least X days"

Hi! I would like to ask if a user has been demoted to X group because of not logging in for number of days, will it be updated even the member didn't log-in or visit? Also, once the member visits again, will he be automatically removed from the X group?

Hi! I would like to ask if a user has been demoted to X group because of not logging in for number of days, will it be updated even the member didn't log-in or visit? Also, once the member visits again, will he be automatically removed from the X group?
Apart from a minor misunderstanding in what is happening yes. If you set up a 'User Group Promotion' using the criteria haven't logged in for X days then:
  • A member will be promoted if they 'haven't logged in for X days';
  • Once the member logs in again they will be demoted from the group;

@Waindigo - This answers also one of my questions :) Very happy with that! Now I can give users a promotion for the years they are a member of my forum and award badges with another plugin. Now the badges will hopefully disappear for 'old years', so only the current year badge appears :) Some experimenting to do

I want to do two things with criteria.
  • I want to give users 10 trophy points for every year they have been registered. i.e. add: floor (number of days registered / 365) * 10
  • I want to give users n (e.g. 20) trophy points if they visited every day in the previous m (e.g. 7) days. So if they have visited every consecutive day for a week they get a bonus.
How difficult would it be to add that?

Last edited:
I've told that I can set a sub forum so that if a user hasn't posted in other parts of the forum, they can't post within the section? I want to set something like 5 posts per month elsewhere in the site?

I've installed it but cannot find that option in the node?

I've told that I can set a sub forum so that if a user hasn't posted in other parts of the forum, they can't post within the section? I want to set something like 5 posts per month elsewhere in the site?

I've installed it but cannot find that option in the node?
You need to set up a user group promotion. You'll need to revoke posting and editing permissions in the node for other user groups and set them to Allow for the user group that a user with 5 posts per month is promoted to.

You need to set up a user group promotion. You'll need to revoke posting and editing permissions in the node for other user groups and set them to Allow for the user group that a user with 5 posts per month is promoted to.

In theory I get what you're saying but when I get to the node. I don't see any options to have the group promotions? I have my standard usergroups and I set up the promotion but nothing to link the two?

I have also set up a promotion which is synced with the 'registered' users but when I set it to the node, I can still post on a dummy account although it doesn't have 1 post at all, let alone 5 in 30days?

Last edited:
In theory I get what you're saying but when I get to the node. I don't see any options to have the group promotions? I have my standard usergroups and I set up the promotion but nothing to link the two?

I have also set up a promotion which is synced with the 'registered' users but when I set it to the node, I can still post on a dummy account although it doesn't have 1 post at all, let alone 5 in 30days?
Details on how to create user group promotions are here:

https://xenforo.com/help/user-group-promotions/

Once set up, set the permissions for that group (and the other groups) in the node as mentioned previously.

Any other questions about user group promotions, you should start a separate thread in the Questions and Support forum as this is a general issue rather than one for this add-on.

Details on how to create user group promotions are here:

https://xenforo.com/help/user-group-promotions/

Once set up, set the permissions for that group (and the other groups) in the node as mentioned previously.

Any other questions about user group promotions, you should start a separate thread in the Questions and Support forum as this is a general issue rather than one for this add-on.

Already did, they referred me to this add on!

What I'm trying to say, I have the promotion set up but it doesn't work. I can post from any registered member, doesn't matter how many posts a month it has. In this case, none

Post is here but I'm being bounced between those who say I can, and those who say I can't https://xenforo.com/community/threa...efore-posting-to-a-section.85400/#post-843731

edit - I was told by a moderator to bring the question back here as it's down to the add on, not the standard software etc

Last edited:
The moderators are saying it's a bug with this add on.
That's not what I said.

What I actually said was:
The default user group promotion criteria works exactly as designed.

If you are having issues with the criteria related to that add-on, you will need to seek support from the developer.

I never said it was a bug.
I simply said you would have to seek support for this criteria from the developer/this thread, as it is not part of the default software.

That's not what I said.

What I actually said was:

I never said it was a bug.
I simply said you would have to seek support for this criteria from the developer/this thread, as it is not part of the default software.

Well whatever it is - It does not work. It's the guys in this thread who are telling me to go to you, you to them

Have you definitely revoked the permission? Disable the user group promotion and create a new user. If they can post, then you haven't set up your permissions correctly in the first place.

Once you have the permissions set up like that, you then add the promotion so that once a user reaches a certain level of posts, they will then be allowed to post (once the promotion has been processed, which won't be instantly).

Have you definitely revoked the permission? Disable the user group promotion and create a new user. If they can post, then you haven't set up your permissions correctly in the first place.

Once you have the permissions set up like that, you then add the promotion so that once a user reaches a certain level of posts, they will then be allowed to post (once the promotion has been processed, which won't be instantly).

Tried that over and over again. Something isn't right at all.

Top Bottom