User Censor Control [Paid] [Deleted]

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Liam W submitted a new resource:

User Censor Control - Let your users choose if they want to be offended...

This add-on allows you to give your users the power to disable and enable the censoring system for themselves.

This way they can choose whether or not they see the censored words you've added...

The ability to do this is permission controlled, and you can set certain censored words to always be censored, even if a user chooses to view them.

This add-on builds on the existing XenForo censoring system.

Read more about this resource...

Can the censoring system be turned off by default regstering and then an option to enable it, rather then enabled by default?

Things I'd like to see
1) force enable censoring system based on age, so if say someone 14 joins your site, censoring is enforced.

2) users choice to use full default list or ability to only add their own words. Some people are offended by certain words, but not adult language in general.

Can the censoring system be turned off by default regstering and then an option to enable it, rather then enabled by default?

Things I'd like to see
1) force enable censoring system based on age, so if say someone 14 joins your site, censoring is enforced.

2) users choice to use full default list or ability to only add their own words. Some people are offended by certain words, but not adult language in general.

Option 1 can be done with a usergroup promotion (and would probably work better as such, as you could have an 'Underage' usergroup for other things as well).

Option 2 isn't a bad idea. It would require a new system to be implemented, so it won't be done soon, but maybe in the next few weeks :)

Liam

Would it be difficult to not have the option presented to users in the nav menus? I think the menus are cluttered enough and it's fine to only have the option in members' account options.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available for download.
Are you replacing it with something else? Is that the reason it isn't working any more? Should it be non functioning now that it's been deleted or should our local copy still work?

According to his site he has closed up public works, still offers custom service and has uploaded the source for all his addons to github under the MIT license.

I would then guess in answer to your questions that no he is not replacing it, and that if your addon worked before it should still work now unless an update to XF broke it and that I could not tell you as I don't have the addon.

According to his site he has closed up public works, still offers custom service and has uploaded the source for all his addons to github under the MIT license.

I would then guess in answer to your questions that no he is not replacing it, and that if your addon worked before it should still work now unless an update to XF broke it and that I could not tell you as I don't have the addon.
Yeah something definitely broke on it and recently also, odd.

Unrelated if your username is referencing Everquest shoot me a PM.

Top Bottom