1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 User can't edit post

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by PatrickGER, Oct 27, 2014.

1. PatrickGER

PatrickGER Member

Hi dude's!
    One user mean, she can't edit her posts. I tested her rights and i see seriously that she cant edit her´s posts.

I think its a setting in the admincp, to give users more time to edit own posts, but i didnt find anythink. The only one what i found, was the free edit time.

Can you help me pls?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Run the Analyze Permissions function against the user to determine where the final permission values are being set.
  3. PatrickGER

PatrickGER Member

The Analyzetool says, that she cant edit and delete own threads infinite... but @Right test @admincp i cant edit with her rights her posts.

Attached Files:

4. Brogan

I don't really understand what the problem is.

If I am reading that correctly (my German is about 30 years old...) they have unlimited edit time.
    PatrickGER likes this.
  5. PatrickGER

PatrickGER Member

Haha, of course the edit time is unlimited! But if i start the right test tool, i cant edit the posts from this user with the rights. And she said she cant edit her posts...

ok.. if i test it with old post from my user account (user without admin rights), then i can edit this posts. Maybe she kidding me... omg!

Thank you dude :)
  6. Brogan

Be aware of the caveats related to the test permissions function:

PatrickGER likes this.
  7. PatrickGER

PatrickGER Member

oh thank you! This answers all :)

Have a nice day.