user auto register via site database

blert

I have a (non forum) site running where users already have to log in and be confirmed by admin, however the software does not have a forum facility. The idea is to hyperlink to the forum directly from the main site.

The existing users are stored in a mysql database, is it possible for the Xenforo software to automatically grant access to the forum via a call to the existing database if the Xenforo software is based on a different web host ? ( I am trying to avoid the users having to register and be confirmed on the forum as well as the main site, as well as keeping the same user name)

Would there be any security issues if this auto log-in is possible ?

Thanks

just a normal website with some php & a mysql database of users, I am no expert on code though and want the site to have a forum to improve the user experience.

I just want to avoid having the members re-register and me re-confirming each one (also want them to keep the same user id in the forum as on the main site) it would just save a lot of hassle all round if the forum could grab the id/user/pw from the main database.

just a normal website with some php & a mysql database of users, I am no expert on code though and want the site to have a forum to improve the user experience.

I just want to avoid having the members re-register and me re-confirming each one (also want them to keep the same user id in the forum as on the main site) it would just save a lot of hassle all round if the forum could grab the id/user/pw from the main database.

I can do it please pm me your budget.

thanks for offer, I wanted to make sure it was possible before springing for the cost of the forum (& new host), once that is done I will see about getting some prices. If the software was on the same server as the site would that alter the workload/cost ?

Thanks again everyone for your feedback

thanks for offer, I wanted to make sure it was possible before springing for the cost of the forum (& new host), once that is done I will see about getting some prices. If the software was on the same server as the site would that alter the workload/cost ?

Thanks again everyone for your feedback

Yes, if both, the forum and the script that you are using for your site are on the same server, it will make things easier.

Top Bottom