User Agent

User Agent 2.4

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

User Agent - Allows the admin and moderators to see the types of devices members are using.

Description:

The User Agent add-on allows the admin and moderators to see the types of devices members are using. There are two reasons why this can be very helpful:
  1. Knowing trends like the type of devices being used
  2. Knowing a members device is helpful in troubleshooting situations
(Example of User Agent page)

View attachment 71540

(Example of Options page)

View attachment 71541

Features:
  • User group permissions determine who can...

Read more about this resource...

I think, this add-on statics share only admin and you can advanced functions. For example detect bots, languages, operating system vs..

I think, this add-on statics share only admin and you can advanced functions. For example detect bots, languages, operating system vs..

I came here to say exactly that. Please implement user system language and also option to display this information of all users visiting the site, not just registered users.
It helps admins detect users trying to bypass bans etc. Even if the user changes IP, these additional details helps keep track.

Very useful addon. Thanks!

Could the user agent link in the visitors tab be hidden from usergroups that don't have permission to use it?

Andy does this check also the connection done through Tapatalk? Many of our users use TT so could be good to have an idea of how many they are...

AndyB updated User Agent with a new update entry:

See description.

User Agent v1.6 changes:

1) Added links to username and ip address

2) Added code so that forum_list and thread_view now update the list User Agent data.

3) Added target="_blank" for ip link.

To update from v1.5, copy folder library/Andy/UserAgent to your server and do a XML upgrade.

To update from earlier versions, do a complete uninstall of the add-on and a new install.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've noticed that users logged in or browsing while using Tapatalk don't show up at all. On a side note, I believe due to the way the TT app works (their "news feed" feature), users will show up as online when they open up the TT app, even if they aren't looking at your site explicitly. So this may be fine as is. Food for thought.

Chrome = 6
Firefox = 2
MSIE = 0
Safari = 0

Android = 0
IEMobile = 0
iPad = 0
iPhone = 0
Macintosh = 0
Windows = 8

Are these names hardcoded? Curious because I wanted to see if Microsoft Edge makes an appearance. I use it sometimes to access my own forum. And I know a few users on my forum do as well. It has not yet appeared on Google Analytics for me though.

Top Bottom