1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use xenForo functions outside of the forums?

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Mark Drake, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Mark Drake

Mark Drake New Member

I have a single-sign-on integration project and I would prefer to use xenForo's sign-in and registration across the web site and each individual game's web site. I have experience programming in PHP but we just recently purchased your product and I'm not familiar with it.

For example, if I were to do something similar with WordPress, I would do a php include to the wp_load.php which loads WordPress, cookies, session control, and gives me access to perform all the regular function calls I would need to use.

Is there a similar file that can be included?

2. Saarbruecken

Saarbruecken Active Member

3. Mark Drake

Mark Drake New Member

Chris,

Thanks for the reply - however I was simply using WordPress as an example above.

AKA - if you had a 'blog' section of your web site that was a WordPress install, but the rest of your web site was standard HTML or some other CMS you could do a simple php file include of the "wp_load.php" file. This single file loads all of WordPress's resources, functions, etc and makes them useable outside of the installation.

I need to do this very exact thing for XenForo's message board. Example, testing whether a user is logged in or not and showing them the proper login or registration box - while he or she is on a page outside of the XenForo installation.

Does my explanation make sense? :)

4. James

James Well-Known Member

5. Mark Drake

Mark Drake New Member

Those links look like they have exactly the information I need to get started. Thanks James.