Use of software in Iran

iandi

Hello
Good time friends
Is it possible to use XenForo software as a license purchased in Iran?
Is it possible that XenForo will later sanction Iran and cancel the license?

I don't think sanctions work that way. A company doesn't sanction a country, that would be up to the UK probably (since that's where they are based). And even then, I doubt there would be some sort of sanction that's retroactive to the past (like the UK isn't going to order all businesses that ever sold something in the past to go and take back their stuff from the past when they weren't sanctioned). It would be easier with a "license", but imagine if the UK ordered a car manufacturer to go to Iran and take back all the cars they sold in Iran in the past. Just not realistic.

That being said, I don't keep up on sanctions... so no clue if there are sanctions now or not. Assuming there's not, I think your worst case scenario would be where there were sanctions in the future that might prevent you from purchasing upgrades down the road.

Assuming there's not, I think your worst case scenario would be where there were sanctions in the future that might prevent you from purchasing upgrades down the road.
That's what I would expect. Sanctions would not invalidate existing licenses, but might prevent Xenforo from selling upgrades or new licenses (or services in the case of Xenforo Cloud) to the sanctioned country. So the risk would not be having your license "cancelled" but losing access to support and upgrades.

Top Bottom