Use of Sliding login on Wordpress

Claudio

Im looking for use Wordpress and then a bridge to XF

The issue is that XF has a very good looking slide login at the top, but i would like to integrate it to wordpress also, to keep the same wordpress and XF style (if the login box is on the forum and not in the portal they seems different sites)

Its any way to call from wordpress, the function or the slide login of XF?

Thank you very much :)

Im looking for use Wordpress and then a bridge to XF

The issue is that XF has a very good looking slide login at the top, but i would like to integrate it to wordpress also, to keep the same wordpress and XF style (if the login box is on the forum and not in the portal they seems different sites)

Its any way to call from wordpress, the function or the slide login of XF?

Thank you very much :)
Take a look at www.defiantminecraft.com, that's using both a bridge and a shared style which integrates the login drop down completely. I published it here as XenDynamic.

Go to your Xen forum, view the source. Extract the html and css that are the relevant bits to the login box.

Paste said bits into your WP header template.

Dubug any code conflicts.

I suspect it will be some css files, a .js file which you may or may not need depending on if you are using it already, and some html/php. You should be able to do it with some basic html/php/css knowledge.
Granted, if you update the WP theme you will potentially lose the hack, but if you setup the code in a child theme you should be good.

I know that's all a bit vague, but it steers you in the right direction.

I'm planning to use the bridge that James offers but we will not use any XF-based WP style so getting the same login block to work is something I always want to know how.
same to me

but if its not possible to use the same login sliding, to be possible to use a jquery box, in order to put an image on WP that opens a login box into XF

Go to your Xen forum, view the source. Extract the html and css that are the relevant bits to the login box.

Paste said bits into your WP header template.

Dubug any code conflicts.

I suspect it will be some css files, a .js file which you may or may not need depending on if you are using it already, and some html/php. You should be able to do it with some basic html/php/css knowledge.
Granted, if you update the WP theme you will potentially lose the hack, but if you setup the code in a child theme you should be good.

I know that's all a bit vague, but it steers you in the right direction.
that its about the code to show it...but for the login?
how the html used will login into a XF account, with a id and a password? thats the most hard part and i dont know how to get it..

It would be pretty easy to use one of the sliding login plugins that is out there for WordPress and then just copy the style from XF.
im not referring to the XF style, im talking about using jquery on Wordpress to login into XF account..

imagine that you can make possible to login to XF through an html page outside the XF folder...

thats what im talking about

that its about the code to show it...but for the login?
how the html used will login into a XF account, with a id and a password? thats the most hard part and i dont know how to get it..
You can literally just look at the source of the page and copy the html for the login form, that's what I did in a previous version of my wordpress site.

HTML:
<div id="loginBar">
    <div class="pageWidth">
        <div class="pageContent">
            <h3 id="loginBarHandle">
                <label for="LoginControl"><a href="login/" class="concealed noOutline">Log in or Sign up</a></label>
            </h3>

<span class="helper"></span>

</div>
    </div>
</div>

copy this on the wordpress style and it will work like in the forum? and the div style? where i get it?

please give more information

I was just curious what solution you came up with. I am trying to do a similar thing and make my wordpress site look to be a part of xenforo.
I ended up creating a wordpress theme that pulls in the html/css from Xenforo, it's far from a this works for everyone solution. It's dependant on how you have your directory structures.

How easy it is to take what you did and build into any existing WP theme?
It really wouldn't be easy at all. Because it's not like I took a static copy of the Xenforo html/css for the slider and just dropped it in a theme, I literally built the theme from the dynamic html/css that loads from Xenforo, and then just plugged the few bits that Wordpress needs in (the loop, the sidebar etc)

Top Bottom