URL that is expired?

wickedstangs

How long does it take to be able to purchase an expired URL? I was told once it expired it takes 45 days and then it goes back into sell...

Today is the 45th day and now it says Auction.. How long after Auction does it go back to normal sell price.
GoDaddy Auctions
®

is the premier aftermarket for currently registered domain names. Members enjoy access to several million domains with convenient ways to buy and sell, including fixed price, public auction and offer/counter offer. Members also receive unlimited FREE basic listings, low commission fees, escrow services and more.

If you have questions or would like to know more, just call
(480) 505-8892

or email Auctions@GoDaddy.com

How long does it take to be able to purchase an expired URL? I was told once it expired it takes 45 days and then it goes back into sell...

Today is the 45th day and now it says Auction.. How long after Auction does it go back to normal sell price.

Never, godaddy purchased it as it sees it as a premium domain. The only way you can obtain it is win the auction. If the auction expires, godaddy will just re-list it

After a domain is expired, some domain registrars give you a grace period of 30 to 60 days (at the most) to "reactivate" or reclaim the domain, after that it either can "buy" the domain and resell it for a value that's possible - this period is the auction period. If godaddy buys it and lists it as premium, they're going to hold it for as long as they can. Or they can delete it after a period.

ICANN is the governing body for domains, godaddy can't hold it too long. Keep it on backorder if you can (as your budget permits).

But otherwise, I'd complain to godaddy for not giving you a chance to reclaim the domain name. They really want your business, so I'd send them an e-mail if you are the previous owner of this domain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom