XF 1.2 URL Structuring

r_j

Hey guys, so now I need to move some stuff and fix some url structuring. Have a couple of questions. If I wanted to move my forum from the directory its in now, into the root directory so that it ends up being www.mysite.com/forums/, Is there a way of doing this and creating the 301 redirects to the new locations for seo reasons? Just wondering if that would be possible.

Also posts show up as www.mysite.com/forum/threads/post-title. How would I go about making it so that the forum name shows up in the link, so that its like www.mysite.com/forum/mlb-talk/post-title.82723.

Hey guys, so now I need to move some stuff and fix some url structuring. Have a couple of questions. If I wanted to move my forum from the directory its in now, into the root directory so that it ends up being www.mysite.com/forums/, Is there a way of doing this and creating the 301 redirects to the new locations for seo reasons? Just wondering if that would be possible.

Move your XF files from the subdirectory into the web root. Delete the subdirectory. Then add this to the top of the .htaccess file in the web root (which should then be XF's .htaccess file):

Rich (BB code):
RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^subdir/(.*)$ /$1 [R=301,L]

Also posts show up as www.mysite.com/forum/threads/post-title. How would I go about making it so that the forum name shows up in the link, so that its like www.mysite.com/forum/mlb-talk/post-title.82723.

Not possible without code modifications.

Top Bottom