XF 1.5 Uploaded BD > New XF Install show me addons that I dont have the files

Daniel-SP

Hello guys.

I just had a service done that uploaded my whole database into a new instance of the most recent version of xenforo and its all fine.

The point is that I didn't bring the files of the addons that I had since they seem malicious and now since the database is the same, I have the addons listed but can't do anything with them because the folder doesn't exist.

How do I ask to Xenforo "refresh" the list of the addons to show me only the ones that are really installed ?

You will need to either uninstall the add-ons without the files (if possible), or replace the files, uninstall the add-ons, and remove the files.

You should be able to get away with just replacing the install file (whichever that is for each add-on).

If you are running CSF firewall and worried about the call backs, simply disable ALL inbound/outbound ports in CSF and place your ISP (your home internet) IP in the allow file and restart CSF. That way the only traffic in/out can go to/from your home. Then copy the files (add-on) over and then do a remove of them via the ACP. Then go in and delete the add-on files manually and re-enable the CSF ports and restart CSF.

I am sorry you are having such a negative experience with the xenforo services you hired in the past. Sucks that it comes and bites you in the long run and you have to waste time and money on resolving this now.

If you are running CSF firewall and worried about the call backs, simply disable ALL inbound/outbound ports in CSF and place your ISP (your home internet) IP in the allow file and restart CSF. That way the only traffic in/out can go to/from your home. Then copy the files (add-on) over and then do a remove of them via the ACP. Then go in and delete the add-on files manually and re-enable the CSF ports and restart CSF.
Every php file on the old server is infected with code, so moving the existing files isn't really an option

Every php file on the old server is infected with code, so moving the existing files isn't really an option
dang.. sounds like someone REALLY got it good. Well, then the only solution is to re-install from scratch that I'd trust... but I'd still (due to needing to remove the add-ons) use the CSF blocking method to prevent any traffic.

You could consider testing a full fledged xf import to xp fresh install. So only the data is moved over and not any other stuff.
Of course, the import hasn't been updated since 1.2 of XF< so newer stuff might be a bit eh, missing or not really a desired import. Make sure you keep the unique ID unique, so don't create forums and threads etc, so the importer can take care of that.

Might be worth a test maybe. I just hope one of the "must have" addons to make your site function isn't an exploitable one.

Top Bottom