Upgrading XF 1.0.4 to XF 1.1.0 Beta 4 - new installation or upgrade?

I decided to upgrade my stable version 1.0.4 to the latest beta version, however I am not sure if I am performing really an upgrade instead of a new installation.

What I did so far:

1. I have uploaded all files according to the INSTALL-UPGRADE file

2. Directory permissions are set properly (777)

3. When I try to perform the upgrade according to the instructions in the INSTALL-UPGRADE file the regular installation routine pops up:

Your configuration has been verified.
XenForo is already installed in your database. Continuing will remove all XenForo-related data from your database!

Under no circumstances I don´t want XF have to remove all entries from the database - can I proceed here or is something going wrong here?

Any hints are appreciated. :)

Cheers,
Markus

I tried it again today, but without any success. I restored my old 1.0.4 files first and verified that forums are working fine. After that, I uploaded the upgrade files according to the documentation (http://xenforo.com/help/upgrades/). When I invoke the install link, I don´t get any upgrade notices, instead I see the regular installation routine:

Verify Configuration

You configuration has been verified.

XenForo is already installed in your database. Continue will remove.....

Well, maybe I am wrong, but for me it seems to be rather a new installation than an upgrade. What is going wrong here? This time I can say for sure that I have used the right archive (upgrade).

It still seems as if you're uploading the wrong .zip.

Try creating the config.php and install-lock.php files as I explained above.

Good to know.

How odd though, I've never experienced that issue before.

Although I must admit, I assumed you were already manually navigating to the upgrade URL.

Recreating the install-lock.php file was what I needed too. Thanks guys for this thread. :)

I moved away the previous version files and uploaded the new ones (to update) and forgot to leave the config file. Ran the install/ to update, and realized my mistake. Moving things around a second time to sort that left me hanging, I deleted the install-lock and was being asked to install/wipe data instead of update.

Recreating it got the job done as expected.

"Your upgrade to 1.3.0 Beta 4 has completed successfully!"

Thanks again.

Top Bottom