Upgrading to 1.2 FAIL - Migrating broke my XF instance!!

Marco Famà

dear XF Support
I've just upgraded to xenForo 1.2 and my instance does not work properly anymore.

The text editor does not appear.
The server log states:

ErrorException: Argument 2 passed to XenForo_Model_Post::alertQuotedMembers() must be an array, none given, called in /var/www/vhosts/timelapseitalia.com/httpdocs/forum/library/Tapatalk/Model/Post.php on line 12 and defined - library/XenForo/Model/Post.php:1582

It seems I cannot rollback!!

Any chance we can fix it very soon? How? PLease help!

Thanks
Marco

I suggest if you need to even ask that you get someone to do this for you.

Auto merging changes is only going to fix 'some' things. There will be some manual donkey work for sure.

So this is definitely a problem with addons? Or could it be something else? My concern is that I see a lot of addons I want to use but worried about blowing up my site. Maybe I'll wait until I upgrade so all the addons can be fixed to work with 1.2 and no bugs found.

So this is definitely a problem with addons? Or could it be something else? My concern is that I see a lot of addons I want to use but worried about blowing up my site. Maybe I'll wait until I upgrade so all the addons can be fixed to work with 1.2 and no bugs found.

Addons are always a problem when upgrading. That's why it's better to have a test board where you could install everything you want to test and see how it works, what gets broken, look for possible fixes, and so on.

Is there a checklist or some guidance anywhere on upgrading best practices? If you have a site running like 30 addons, I can see having to upgrade each one as it gets changed and that could be upgrades every week. How do people handle all this?

hey guys,
just wanna tell you how it went:
  • Merged all outdated changes suggested by the ACP tool: all styling problems fixed
  • Disabled Tapatalk: all email notification errors, errors upon new thread creation etc: fixed

Now gonna wait for Tapatalk to be compatible with XF 1.2 and that's it!

Thank you all for your kind support, and take care
Marco

Top Bottom