XF 1.1 Upgrading to 1.1.4

tekgirl

Can someone tell me where the files are for the templates I changed?

I would like to just make a backup and then make the changes to the templates I have added or deleted from, without having to go to every template which has been upgraded and copy/paste...

Thanks

Can someone tell me where the files are for the templates I changed?

I would like to just make a backup and then make the changes to the templates I have added or deleted from, without having to go to every template which has been upgraded and copy/paste...

Thanks
When you update, the template are automatically updated, unless the updater detected a conflict. In these cases, your modified templates will sit in Apperances -> Outdated Templates. You can then manually modify for the upgrade.

Thanks...but I thought the templates were overwritten and that is why it is always suggested to have a backup of them? I don't want to take a chance with losing all my changes...

Thanks...but I thought the templates were overwritten and that is why it is always suggested to have a backup of them? I don't want to take a chance with losing all my changes...
If the system detects a conflict, it won't apply them. Instead, it'll tell you in Outdated templates.

You can always choose to backup if you wish, it's just that xF will not try to override your own modifications.

You should already have a backup of the templates you have edited, or at least kept notes.

Otherwise how would you know which edits to reapply after reverting outdated templates?

Take a copy of the outdated templates now and save them on your PC in .txt or .html format.
Revert the outdated ones.
Reapply the edits using your local copy as a reference.

Top Bottom