XF 1.1 Upgrading Issues

billybatz9

Ive been trying to upgrade for the past 30 mins, but nothing has happened....
I was running 1.1.5 and had everything fine. I downloaded the upgrade package of 1.2 candidate.
Then used file zilla.... got all the upload files and transfered them over to my uploads section. It said to replace existing files and I said yes. It took 10 mins for all the files to be transfered over and then I went to.....

www.yoursite.com/forums/install.

And it says.....
You are already running the current version (1.1.5). To do a fresh install, click here.

I dont know whats going on!

You haven't uploaded the files to the correct place.

Or you have uploaded 1.1.5 again.

Make sure you go up on the download screen to select the 1.2 RC 2 package.

Yeah, I deleted my 1.1.5 files and only have the 1.2 files. (upgrade package), it's even saved under 1.2 candidate from xenforo

If you deleted the 1.1.5 files off your server you need to download the complete 1.2.0 RC2 package and upload those files. When using the upgrade package you don't delete the files currently on the server just overwrite them with the updated files.

If you deleted the 1.1.5 files off your server you need to download the complete 1.2.0 RC2 package and upload those files. When using the upgrade package you don't delete the files currently on the server just overwrite them with the updated files.
No, I just deleted them from my computer, so I dont have the 1.1.5 version. Only the 1.2...... To show that's the only files I am using.

You have uploaded the files to the /upload directory.

Upload them to the installation root.

You upload the contents of the /upload directory, not the actual directory.

Yes, that's what I did. I just didn't put a picture of that, I am sorry. I had opened the uploads file and grabbed all the files from the upload folder and dragged them to the original uploads folder that I am running on my website now

You have uploaded the files to the /upload directory.

Upload them to the installation root.

You upload the contents of the /upload directory, not the actual directory.

What your saying is to grab the upload files from 1.2 and upload them to the install route of my 1.1.5 that I am running now?

You were right @Brogan and @Shelley
I was uploading the files to the wrong area....
I am supposed to upload the files to the whole thing.
I was uploading them to the upload folder

Since I renamed my forum from /uploads to /forum, that's where I need to upload my folders too.

You were right @Brogan and @Shelley
I was uploading the files to the wrong area....
I am supposed to upload the files to the whole thing.
I was uploading them to the upload folder

Since I renamed my forum from /uploads to /forum, that's where I need to upload my folders too.

Honest Mistake :) Though credit to @Brogan who noticed that you uploaded the files in the wrong area. Good to see you got it sorted.

Top Bottom